- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Increases Readiness Level of State Operations Center In Response To Tropical Storm Nicholas
SAN ANTONIO (September 13, 2021) — San Antonio Public Library (SAPL) is celebrating 40 years of Johnston Branch Library from September 13 – 25 with in-person activities at Johnston Branch Library (6307 Sun Valley, 78227) during regular service hours and online activities including a special poetry workshop with Andrea "Vocab" Sanderson, San Antonio's Poet Laureate. Johnston Branch Library, named after SAPL's first children's librarian, Leah Carter Johnston, opened its doors on August 23, 1981.
Over the past 40 years, Johnston Branch Library has served countless Valley Hi area children, teens, and adults. In celebration of this milestone, SAPL will be hosting various activities such as a selfie booth, poetry stacks, a poetry treasure hunt, a memory wall, Take-and-Make kits*, and more at Johnston Branch Library (6307 Sun Valley, 78227).
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
As a highlight event part of the celebration, Andrea "Vocab" Sanderson will host an online poetry workshop as a special commemoration of the contributions of Leah Carter Johnston who created the "Young Pegasus" poetry competition in 1927. Sanderson's workshop, perfect for families and young poets 9 years and older, will introduce tools and devices to enhance creative writing on Saturday, September 18 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Registration is available at guides.mysapl.org/johnston40th/poetry-workshop.
In addition to the in-person activities and online workshop, a commemorative online webpage featuring videos and historical information will be available at https://guides.mysapl.org/johnston40th.
For information on library services, visit https://www.mysapl.org/. Library staff is available by phone at 210-207-2500 or by chat at ask.mysapl.org.
*While supplies last.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilwoman Teri Castillo on the City of San Antonio's Finalized 2022 City Budget
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- San Antonio: District 2 Councilman Jalen McKee-Rodriguez's Statement on the Approval of the City Budget
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran's statement on passage of first budget amid the Covid-19 pandemic
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Begrudgingly Approves FY 2022 Budget
- Councilman Courage and Council Approve San Antonio 2022 Budget; Substantial District 9 Projects Funded
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval's Remarks on FY 2022 City Budget
- San Antonio: District 8 Councilman Praises FY 2022 Budget, including Investments in Resiliency and Public Safety
- San Antonio: District 6 FY 2022 Budget Accomplishments are a Culmination of Year-long Advocacy
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia's statement about the FY2022 Budget Adoption
- City of San Antonio Fiscal Year 2022 Adopted Capital and Operating Budget driven by community priorities
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Aviat Introduces High Availability Routing Software
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors