Zack Lyke, 210.207.8448
SAN ANTONIO (Dec. 4, 2019) – Today, Mayor Nirenberg announced his participation in the newly launched Climate Mayors Steering Committee, a group of 24 mayors who will serve as a leading voice in efforts to further climate action in the more than 400 cities across the U.S. making up the Climate Mayors coalition.
The Steering Committee will work alongside the Climate Mayors' Chair, Mayor Eric Garcetti, and Co-Chairs, Mayors Madeline Rogero, Sylvester Turner, and Martin J. Walsh to highlight the importance of city-led climate action in creating healthier, cleaner, and more equitable and sustainable cities. The Steering Committee will also work to catalyze membership and more deeply engage their regions, as well as showcase the impactful work of existing Climate Mayors and how cities are helping meet the scope and the scale of the challenge posed by climate change.
"San Antonio has proven that even in South Texas we are committed to tackling this looming crisis," said Mayor Nirenberg. "We're not going to let politics obstruct our path to a cleaner, healthier future. The time to act is now." x
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Names Chair And Appoints Three To Texas Commission On Law Enforcement
- QuiAri Promotes Brad Stewart To Director Of Field Development
- Governor Abbott Names President And Appoints Four To Red River Authority of Texas Board of Directors
- Governor Abbott Announces New Waterlogic North American Headquarters In Grapevine, Texas
- Pilot Trading Expands Its Suite of Broker Integrations by going Live with TradeStation
"Cities across our country and around the world see the impacts of climate change firsthand -- and we stand front and center in the fight to address this crisis with every tool at our disposal," said Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. "No matter what happens on the national level, cities know we cannot afford any more debates or delays, so we will continue to act to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement, protect our most vulnerable residents, strengthen global health, and create a green economy that works for everyone."
As a Climate Mayors member city, San Antonio has committed to bold climate action and has followed through on it by adopting SA Climate Ready, which aims for San Antonio to be carbon neutral by 2050.
"The Climate Mayors network is more than four hundred strong, and counting," said James Ritchotte, Director of Climate Mayors. "We're excited to have these mayors lead us in showcasing the important work of cities and maximizing the collective impact of Climate Mayors across the country who are fighting climate change in their communities."
More on Txylo.com
- Main Street Issues Reminder Regarding Upcoming Dividend Activity
- Right Cars Vehicle Rental announce the appointment of Alison Lee as Customer Service Director
- The Azores - the world's first certified archipelago
- Procrastination with Kingdom Christmas Lights
- San Antonio: December in Travis Park!
The following mayors are members of the Climate Mayors Steering Committee:
- Steve Adler (Austin, TX) Ethan Berkowitz (Anchorage, AK) Jim Brainard (Carmel, IN) Michael Cahill (Beverly, MA) Kirk Caldwell (Honolulu, HI) LaToya Cantrell (New Orleans, LA) Melvin Carter (Saint Paul, MN) Jane Castor (Tampa, FL) Frank Cownie (Des Moines, IA) Bill de Blasio (New York City Mike Duggan (Detroit, MI) Buddy Dyer (Orlando, FL) Kevin Faulconer (San Diego, CA) Greg Fischer (Louisville, KY) Kate Gallego (Phoenix, AZ) Michael Hancock (Denver, CO)v James Hovland (Edina, MN Eric Johnson (Dallas, TX Lioneld Jordan (Fayetteville, AR) Tim Keller (Albuquerque, NM) Ron Nirenberg (San Antonio, TX) Bill Peduto (Pittsburgh, PA) Satya Rhodes-Conway (Madison, WI) Lucy Vinis (Eugene, OR)
Latest on Txylo.com
- Honest Paws, The #1 Online CBD Brand For Pets, Announces Partnership With American Distribution And Manufacturing Company (ADMC)
- Cathilina Sutton Joins RHSB Public Entities Practice Group
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Six To OneStar National Service Commission
- Governor Abbott Reappoints Gravley To North Texas Tollway Authority Board Of Directors
- San Antonio: MLK, Jr. Commission Selects Winner of the 5th Annual Citywide Art Contest
- Learn. Repeat. Pass. MicroLearning from MicroLector
- Large Independent Multi-Center Clinical Trial with Stratum Nutrition's NEM® Confirms Results in 7 Days
- PRNFamily Funky New Year 2020 at Paisley Park Honoring Prince Music Genius and Philanthropy
- Statesman's All-Centex Preps awards event returning in 2020
- Florida Mediator Matthew Graduates Harvard Law School Negotiation Master Class
- New Self-Help Book Tackles the Modern Impacts of Slavery on a People
- MC Companies Continues to be an Industry Leader by Donating $100,000 to 2019 Autism Speaks Walk in Partnership with SARRC
- City of San Antonio, Bexar County and SmartSA Partner to Launch a Digital Divide Survey & Assessment
- Sealed Bids Accepted through December 17 for Luxurious Private Ranch Retreat
- Governor Abbott Names Gamble To Texas Poet Laureate, State Musician And State Artists Committee
- Governor Abbott Appoints Ferrara And Langbein To Texas Crime Victims' Institute Advisory Council
- Voter Beware: Could Your Favorite Presidential Candidate's Policies Wreck the U.S. Economy?
- JustCall Ranked 5th Fastest-Growing Technology Company in Deloitte Technology Fast 50 India 2019
- Durante Rentals Appoints Baron Selman as Sales Manager