- ShearShare Partners with Insurance Leader for First-of-Its-Kind Usage-Based Insurance Products - 161
- San Antonio: City invites residents to attend SA Climate Ready Forum on Friday, Dec. 4
- The 7th annual Islamic Arts Festival will take place on the 5th and 6th of December, 2020
SAN ANTONIO (Nov. 17, 2020) – The Mayor's Youth Engagement Council for Climate Initiatives (MYECCI) has officially launched with 35 area youth, representing each City Council district and 23 different schools, including public, private, charter and homeschool. The MYECCI held their inaugural meeting on Oct. 21 to discuss San Antonio's Climate Action and Adaptation Plan. Members were selected through a competitive process after demonstrating an interest in advancing public policy that addresses climate change, community improvement and protecting vulnerable populations and nature.
Led and facilitated by EcoRise, with support from the City of San Antonio Mayor's Office and the Office of Sustainability, the mission of the Council is to empower San Antonio's next generation of climate champions with the tools they need to become effective advocates in their community. There is a strong focus on engaging youth of color and students that have been historically underrepresented in the environmental movement.
More on Txylo.com
- Ensemble Orthopedics Receives FDA Clearance For PyroCarbon CMC Interpositional Implant
- Liquid Networx Designated as Expert-Level Specialized MSSP Partner and Integrator in Texas
- Leaps and Bounds: U.S. Army Vet Turned Financial Advisor Can Turn Your Life Around
- Santa Pix Mobile App Saves Christmas with Parent-Friendly Click and Pic Format
- Ironside Human Resources Promotion of Hannah Swei
"Empowering our youth may be the single most important strategy we can take to address the climate crisis," said Mayor Ron Nirenberg. "Harnessing the creativity, brain power and energy of students who live in our community means that they can help craft solutions for their future in San Antonio."
The MYECCI was made possible by a grant from the Hollomon Price Foundation, facilitated through San Antonio's participation in the Bloomberg Philanthropies American Cities Climate Challenge.
"The Hollomon Price Foundation is very pleased to support Mayor Nirenberg's initiative of having a Youth Engagement Council on Climate Initiatives in San Antonio," said Hollomon Price Foundation Executive Director John Bellett. "Investing in local youth involvement, advocacy and activism around climate related issues will only strengthen San Antonio's recently adopted Climate Action Plan and help our city move forward toward a smarter, more sustainable future."
More on Txylo.com
- TripDelivers Announces Delivery Services for Ghost Kitchens USA & Ghost Kitchen Brands of Canada
- Tough Winter Ahead as Pace of Job Growth is Cut in Half
- City of Houston Recognizes December 3rd As International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- City of Houston Launches Internet Voucher Program with CARES Act Funding
- Mayor Turner Appoints Interim Houston Parks and Recreation Department Director
Throughout the academic year, students will have monthly convenings, participate in workshops, hear from guest speakers, participate in virtual tours and connect with their adult counterparts from the SA Climate Ready Climate Advisory Committees. Students will use their learnings to design a community-based project and present their work and outcomes to the larger community in the Spring of 2021.
For more information on the City's Climate Action and Adaptation Plan, visit www.sanantonio.gov/sustainability. For more information about EcoRise, visit www.ecorise.org.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
- Newly Released Historical Fiction Novel Recognizes the First Critically Acclaimed Female Portrait Artist
- Governor Abbott Appoints Swanson To Texas Farm And Ranch Lands Conservation Council
- Tri Global Energy Dominates U.S. Wind Production in Q3, Helps Texas Retain Top Ranking Nationally
- The San Antonio Airport System Garners Coveted Routes Americas Conference for 2022
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Good Works Acquisition Corp. Announces Upcoming Automatic Unit Separation
- Goli Nutrition selects Atos to power new retail experience based on edge technology
- Houston City Council Approves $10 Million Boost to Small Business Economic Relief Program (SBERP)
- Top Canadian Business Leader Joins CEO Coaching International
- McKesson Launches Ontada, an Oncology Technology and Insights Business Dedicated to Help Advance Cancer Research and Care
- Patterson-UTI Reports Drilling Activity for November 2020
- MediaKind 2021 Sports D2C Forecast defines the future of direct-to-consumer services in the global sports rights-holders market
- Solaris Oilfield Infrastructure Announces Collaboration with Amazon Web Services to Develop Data Analytics and Machine Learning Platform
- Triumph Tech Achieves AWS DevOps Competency
- RateGenius Study Reveals How Some Generations Benefit More Than Others When Refinancing Auto Loans
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- More than 600 New Housing Units Coming to San Antonio's Urban Core
- San Antonio: District 3 brings holiday cheer to local family