- Birdwell Foundation For PTSD Partners With Matthew Marin To Reduce Veteran And First Responder Suicide
- San Antonio: Schaefer Branch Library Celebrates New Schaefer Trail
- New Adjustable Boat Fender Hanger Design Coming in 2021
Rudy Arispe, (210) 207-8172
SAN ANTONIO (June 17, 2021) – As the Delta variant of COVID-19 becomes more prevalent globally, Metro Health reminds our community that two-dose vaccines – either the Pfizer or Moderna brands – require both doses for a person to be protected.
As of June 14, the number of Bexar County individuals who have not returned for a second dose is 108,655.
"Effectiveness with just one dose of vaccine is as low as 33% in one study in the U.K. just last month," said Dr. Junda Woo, Metro Health medical director and local health authority for San Antonio and Bexar County. "It's worrisome that the Delta variant is suddenly making up 90% of COVID cases in the U.K. That could happen here wherever people are not fully vaccinated. This is why we highly encourage you to come back for your second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine after you have received the first one."
More on Txylo.com
- Konect Ai Expands within the Automotive Industry and Announces Jerry Salerno as President
- Market Maker Agriculture launches podcast series on seasonal businesses
- Texas: Governor Abbott, TDHCA Announce $52.9 Million In Housing Stability Services Grants For Veterans, Vulnerable Texans
- Endo1 Partners Adds 34 Practices And Expands National Footprint
- Hellman & Friedman Completes Tender Offer for Outstanding Shares of At Home
Currently, almost 10% of U.S. COVID-19 cases involve the Delta variant, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. For the two-week period ending May 22, that figure was 2.7%.
People with both doses of a two-dose vaccine are highly protected against hospitalization and death from the Delta variant and other major variants, Dr. Woo said.
To find a COVID-19 pop-up clinic near you, visit www.covid19.sanantonio.gov.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Sho Richardsin Release New Music The Dude (Shogi)
- Sally Beauty Holdings, Inc. Announces Conference Call and Webcast to Discuss Third Quarter Financial Results on July 29, 2021
- Oasis Petroleum Schedules Second Quarter 2021 Conference Call for August 4, 2021
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran Congratulates Air Force Basic Military Training Graduates
- Hometown Mission Hits Homerun in Long Beach, CA
- How Blackboard Created an Experiential Marketing Campaign With Glass Walled Display Trucks
- History Making Footwear Startup, TRONUS Celebrates Super Successful First Year In Business
- Lifestyle Expert, Meredith Staggers, Shares Practical Tips Ahead of National Parents Day
- BOUDOIR, an award-winning psychological horror short directed by Gina Lee Ronhovde is now streaming on Bitpix
- Military.Finance Donates $30,000 to the Taya and Chris Kyle Foundation
- Murphy Door CEO Launches NEW Podcast "90 Proof Wisdom with Jeremy G Barker"
- At Home to Open Three New Stores in July
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Forum At Southfork Ranch In Parker
- Evolve IP Recognized in 2021 Gartner Market Guide for Desktop as a Service for Third Consecutive Year
- JetMax AI Vision Robotic Arm to be launched soon on Kickstarter
- Sonorous Records To Release 8 Albums Of Original Recordings By The Five Blind Boys Of Alabama
- Storage Made Easy announces SMBStream™, a new product that offers secure accelerated access to SMB Shares over the Internet
- Parks Associates: 23% of US Broadband Households Own Three or More Smart Home Devices
- BGSF, Inc. to Host Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call and Webcast
- Pro Notary Attains MISMO Remote Online Notarization Certification