SAN ANTONIO (September 18, 2019) – The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District (Metro Health) encourages everyone six months and older to get their flu vaccine as early as possible. The best protection against flu is getting a flu vaccine. The Flu vaccine has been shown to save children's lives, prevent serious events associated with chronic lung disease, diabetes and heart disease, and prevent flu-related hospitalizations among working age adults and older adults. Getting vaccinated isn't just about keeping you healthy; it is also about helping protect others around you who may be vulnerable to becoming very sick, such as babies, older adults, and pregnant women.
"Because the flu is unpredictable, it's too soon to know what to expect this Flu season. So don't wait, the time to get vaccinated is right now," said Dr. Anita K Kurian, Assistant Director of Metro Health.
More on Txylo.com
- AT&T Selects Salesforce to Accelerate its Customer Experience Vision
- Michael Masor Honored With Acclaimed Invitation
- Texas: Office Of The Governor, George Strait Release COVID-19 PSA: "Write This Down, Take A Little Note"
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
Metro Health's Immunization Program will be providing immunization events across the city to reach as many citizens as possible. Leading the way this flu season is our own San Antonio Mayor, along with City Council persons and their staff.
Metro Health recommends a three-step approach to fight flu:
1. Get a flu vaccine.
2. Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene, and try to avoid close contact with sick people. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
3. If you become sick, limit your contact with others and complete all medication doses prescribed by your doctor.
To find the latest flu activity data, click HERE. To find a vaccination site near you, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's online Flu Vaccine Finder tool. Learn more about how you can fight flu this season. For frequently asked questions on the 2019-2020 flu season, click HERE.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Provides Update On COVID-19 Surge Response In Amarillo
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Texas: Governor Abbott Requests U.S. Small Business Administration Declare Polk County A Disaster Area, Provide Disaster Loans
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce $3.6 Million To Connect Nursing Facility Residents And Families
- SEO411 Harnesses Technology to Solve Pandemic-Created Problems For Senior Citizens and Small Businesses
- Author Matthew Neill Davis Relaunches "The Art of Preventing Stupid", 99¢ on Amazon Kindle - One week only
- Pirate Chain Creates Worlds First Z to Z-only Mobile Wallet
- Anna Prakash-Ashton and Elaina Ashton Announce the Release of Have you seen a self-driving car?
- How to make furlough suck less
- Riverside Homebuilders Named to Biggest American Builders List
- INI and CTIntegrations Create Secure Payment Solution
- Dr. Gordon Isbell, III, Past Chair American Dental Association, ADPAC Board Appointed Co-Chairman OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Lineus Medical Completes $1.25M Series B Tranche 1
- Ignite Entrepreneurs Initiative to Empower Chicagoland's Entrepreneurs
- San Antonio: Metro Health Launches COVID-19 Community Survey
- WMA Foundation Helps California Mobile Home Owners
- OnDemand Visit TeleMedicine Platform launched Tele dentistry Solution for dental care, consultation,
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Additional Services And Activities That Can Open Under Phase II
- East Coast Match™ Announces a $10,000.00 Professional Matchmaking Giveaway
- Polte and CoreKinect Launch Breakthrough End to End Supply Chain Tracking Solutions Powered by Mobile IoT