- ShearShare Partners with Insurance Leader for First-of-Its-Kind Usage-Based Insurance Products - 161
- San Antonio: City invites residents to attend SA Climate Ready Forum on Friday, Dec. 4
- The 7th annual Islamic Arts Festival will take place on the 5th and 6th of December, 2020
Laura Mayes, City of San Antonio (210) 207-1337; (956) 821-7925
Michelle Vigil, City of San Antonio (210) 207-8172
For questions from the general public, please contact:
COVID-19 Hotline (210) 207-5779
SAN ANTONIO (November 18, 2020) – The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District (Metro Health) has created a COVID-19 Vaccine Implementation Committee. This committee comprised of over 60 organizations, includes healthcare providers, pharmacies, the faith-based community, community partners and more. This committee is essential to developing local strategies and tactics to educate and inform Bexar County residents about vaccine developments and about the importance of getting vaccinated once the COVID-19 vaccine is available.
"As we continue to move forward in this pandemic, working together is key to our success in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19. Metro Health is committed to keeping the community informed and having a fair, ethical and transparent approach for the new vaccine distribution plan roll out." said Dr. Anita Kurian, Assistant Director of Communicable Diseases.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has shared their COVID-19 Vaccination Program Interim Playbook for Jurisdiction Operations. This document provides guidance for health departments and includes best practices in vaccine distribution. Metro Health's current plan can be found on the COVID-19 Portal.
More on Txylo.com
- Ensemble Orthopedics Receives FDA Clearance For PyroCarbon CMC Interpositional Implant
- Liquid Networx Designated as Expert-Level Specialized MSSP Partner and Integrator in Texas
- Leaps and Bounds: U.S. Army Vet Turned Financial Advisor Can Turn Your Life Around
- Santa Pix Mobile App Saves Christmas with Parent-Friendly Click and Pic Format
- Ironside Human Resources Promotion of Hannah Swei
Immunization with a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine is a critical component of the strategy to reduce COVID-19-related illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths and to help restore community and societal functioning. The goal is to have enough COVID-19 vaccine for all people who wish to be vaccinated. However, early in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program, there will be a limited supply of COVID-19 vaccine. Supply will increase into 2021.
Because of this limited initial vaccine supply, Metro Health's local vaccination efforts will focus on Critical Population Groups (CPGs) as defined by the CDC. CPGs include individuals who are critical to the COVID-19 pandemic response, provide direct care, people living in group settings, and those who are at high risk for severe illness. Once a COVID-19 vaccine is approved for distribution, Metro Health will follow CDC and the Texas Department of Health Service's recommendations and guidance on vaccine allocation and priorities and will update the local plan accordingly as needed.
"Much like with the H1N1 vaccine, the supply will be limited in the beginning. We will prioritize people like hospital staff and first responders for the first round of vaccinations and as supplies become more available expand out to high risk individuals and eventually to the general public "said Dr. Sandra Guerra, Interim Deputy Metro Health Director.
"We understand that people will have a lot of questions about this vaccine. With the transition from the Trump Administration to the Biden Administration, we expect there will be a number of changes in the process. We will share all of the information we have as soon as we get it and as things change, we will share that as well. Our number one goal is to keep the community informed about who can get vaccinated when and where" said Assistant City Manager and Interim Health Director, Dr. Colleen Bridger.
More on Txylo.com
- TripDelivers Announces Delivery Services for Ghost Kitchens USA & Ghost Kitchen Brands of Canada
- Tough Winter Ahead as Pace of Job Growth is Cut in Half
- City of Houston Recognizes December 3rd As International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- City of Houston Launches Internet Voucher Program with CARES Act Funding
- Mayor Turner Appoints Interim Houston Parks and Recreation Department Director
To help keep the community informed about the rapidly changing situation, Metro Health and community partners will be hosting virtual townhalls to engage and answer questions that the community may have about the COVID-19 vaccine. Upcoming events will be listed on the Metro Health website.
For more information please visit the COVID-19 portal.
FOUR WAYS TO SIGN UP FOR COVID-19 ALERTS
- Download the Ready South Texas app, available in the iTunes and Google Play stores
- Text COSAGOV to 55000 to receive SMS text message updates
- Follow @COSAGOV on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Bookmark covid19.sanantonio.gov
Public service announcements on physical distancing, prevention and testing are available here.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Fellini In Action, 8 1/2 Set Photography by Paul Ronald Exhibit
- Bells & Balls in the Bottoms Ring In Kansas City's West Bottoms Holiday Weekends
- Foundation Offers FREE Workshop To Motivate Black Male Students After Tumultuous 2020
- Newly Released Historical Fiction Novel Recognizes the First Critically Acclaimed Female Portrait Artist
- Governor Abbott Appoints Swanson To Texas Farm And Ranch Lands Conservation Council
- Tri Global Energy Dominates U.S. Wind Production in Q3, Helps Texas Retain Top Ranking Nationally
- The San Antonio Airport System Garners Coveted Routes Americas Conference for 2022
- CORRECTING and REPLACING Good Works Acquisition Corp. Announces Upcoming Automatic Unit Separation
- Goli Nutrition selects Atos to power new retail experience based on edge technology
- Houston City Council Approves $10 Million Boost to Small Business Economic Relief Program (SBERP)
- Top Canadian Business Leader Joins CEO Coaching International
- McKesson Launches Ontada, an Oncology Technology and Insights Business Dedicated to Help Advance Cancer Research and Care
- Patterson-UTI Reports Drilling Activity for November 2020
- MediaKind 2021 Sports D2C Forecast defines the future of direct-to-consumer services in the global sports rights-holders market
- Solaris Oilfield Infrastructure Announces Collaboration with Amazon Web Services to Develop Data Analytics and Machine Learning Platform
- Triumph Tech Achieves AWS DevOps Competency
- RateGenius Study Reveals How Some Generations Benefit More Than Others When Refinancing Auto Loans
- Supreme Court Rules There Is No Santa Claus In New Holiday Book
- More than 600 New Housing Units Coming to San Antonio's Urban Core
- San Antonio: District 3 brings holiday cheer to local family