CONTACT:SAN ANTONIO (Dec. 3, 2019) –The Martin Luther King, Jr. Commission and the City of San Antonio's Department of Arts & Culture unveiled that artist Johanna Elizondo Cerda's "Landscape of a Dream" is the winner of the 5th Annual Citywide Art Contest for the city's MLK, Jr. celebration. Elizondo Cerda's "Landscape of a Dream" was chosen by a panel of judges and will be used as the visual representation of the 2020 commemoration theme, which is: "Dream. Believe. Unite. Do." Elizondo Cerda's colorful acrylic paint on canvas features two hands clasped together in unity along with posters and signs promoting equality, justice and freedom. The piece was selected based on its concept, artistic imagery, visual presentation and originality.
More on Txylo.com
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- The House Used by General George Washington at Valley Forge Still Stands Today
- City of San Miguel de Allende, State of Guanajuato Obtain Coveted WTTC 'Safe Travels' Stamp
- Ketamine Wellness Centers DFW Announces Contract with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- San Antonio: City announces Independence Day Holiday Schedule of City Services
Since 1987, the City of San Antonio has celebrated the life and legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. with an annual series of events leading up to one of the largest marches in the country, which will take place Monday, January 20, 2020. Elizondo Cerda's "Landscape of a Dream" will appear on promotional materials leading up to and during this year's events.
We are honored to have 'Landscape of a Dream' as our annual art contest winner as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the MLK, Jr. March in the United States and San Antonio as a leader in the commemorations with the largest march in the nation," said District 2 Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan, who also serves as the Honorary Chair of the MLK, Jr. Commission's Executive Committee. "It is fitting that the selected artwork is focused on advancing social equity, which aligns perfectly with Dr. King's dream of improving the quality of life for all people."
To learn more about 2020's MLK, Jr. March and events, go to www.SanAntonio.gov/MLK.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Torres Law Joins Alliott Group, The World's Sixth-Largest Multidisciplinary Alliance Of Professional Services Firms
- Senseeker Establishes In-House Wafer Testing Capability
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Jamie Donnelly on CFO of the Year Award
- 2020 Christmas Light Contractor post Coronavirus
- City of San Antonio and Bexar County Parks to close Fourth of July weekend due to COVID-19
- City of San Antonio updates Public Health Emergency Order
- Devpal Gupta announces the release of Power of One
- Metl-Span insulated metal panels chosen for campus renovation because colors, profiles match up well
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Pinnacle Foundation Repair partners with EnerBank USA
- Braeden Lichti - What's the Outlook for Biopharma in 2020?
- Northshore Development secures $47 Million loan to Refinance New Construction Multifamily Development located on Florida's Booming Space Coast
- Local Businessman and Community Leader Anders Fung Announces Candidacy for Millbrae City Council
- Chicago Photographer Karen I. Hirsch Pivots During Covid-19 Crisis
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- City of San Antonio issues new Public Health Emergency Order
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- Illinois-Wisconsin Health System Partners with Medicom Health to Lower Patient Prescription Costs
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels