SAN ANTONIO, TX (July 10, 2020) – The City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department will conduct a public hearing via teleconference to rename Columbus Park to Piazza Italia Park, located in City Council District 1 at 500 Columbus Street. The meeting will be held on Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. Please note that there is no in-person access to this meeting. There are multiple ways to participate and provide comment including the following:
Join the meeting virtually.
Join the meeting by telephone by dialing (415) 655-0001 then enter the Meeting Access Code: 133 353 7196.
To protect the health of the public and limit the potential spread of COVID-19, this meeting will be held via teleconference. These meeting standards are based upon the various suspended provisions of the Open Meetings Act issued by the Texas Governor in response to the COVID-19 crisis. These modified standards shall remain in place until further notice or until the state disaster declaration expires or is otherwise terminated by the Texas Governor.
More on Txylo.com
- Evolve IP® Named For Eighth Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Visits Victoria To Hold Briefing With Local Leaders, Provide Update On COVID-19 Response
- Etiquette Coach Receives Honorary Doctrine Degree in (Humanity) from G.I.B.U
- Arrow Organics Reveals 20:1 CBD to THC Product Line
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Launches New Service: Rapid Deployment Solutions
PUBLIC COMMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Members of the public may provide comment consistent with procedural rules governing the committee meeting and state law. Public comment may be provided as follows:
- Submit written comments (up to 300 words maximum) via email by Wednesday at 4:00PM on July 15, 2020, to the Committee liaison: Veronica.Moreno@sanantonio.gov. Please include your full name and home or work address. These comments will be read at the time the item is heard. Drop off written comments (up to 300 words maximum) to the Parks and Recreation Department Director's Office located at 114 W. Commerce in the Municipal Plaza Building by Wednesday at 4:00PM on July 15, 2020. Please include your full name and full home or work address. These comments will be read at the time the item is heard. Leave a voice mail message of a maximum of two (2) minutes by dialing (210) 207-4207 by Wednesday at 4:00PM on July 15, 2020. Please include your full name and home or work address. Your message will be played during the meeting. Sign up to give your comments live during the meeting by leaving your name and telephone number at (210) 207-4207 by Wednesday at 4:00PM on July 15, 2020. City staff will contact you when the item is up for discussion but cannot guarantee a specific time after 5:30 PM. Once you join the call, you will be given two (2) minutes to provide your comments.
More on Txylo.com
- NFL Free Agent John Williams is Taking The COVID Crisis in His Stride
- Texas: Governor Abbott Holds Briefing With Beaumont Leaders, Provides Update On COVID-19 Response
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Brown To Webb County-City of Laredo Regional Mobility Authority
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three To OneStar Foundation
- ROCK Property Group: We Buy Houses In Austin
*Note: Comments may be submitted in English or Spanish. Written comments, voicemails, and requests to make comments during the meeting live in Spanish must be received by Wednesday, July 15, at 9:00 AM to give time for translation. We will not accept comments or sign ups after this time for Spanish translation.
After the meeting is convened, the Committee shall consider the renaming of the Columbus Park to the Piazza Italia Park.
Councilman Roberto C. Treviño, District 1, submitted a City Council Consideration Request to rename Columbus Park to Piazza Italia Park. The proposed name of Piazza Italia commemorates the culture and heritage of the Italian community in San Antonio. The Italian community in San Antonio flourished on what is now the northern edge of downtown and founded the Christopher Columbus Italian Society (Society) in May 1890. The Society supports this action in the spirit of being a part of the movement to unite the San Antonio community and reflect inclusivity in the public green space at the park. With the renaming of the park, the City will continue to honor the significant contributions Italian immigrants made to our community in the heart of their former neighborhood.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
- VolitionRx Limited Schedules Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call and Business Update
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- The Islamic Arts Festival will be held online this year
- New Memoir By U.S. Marine: Releasing on Amazon September 06 2020
- Governor Abbott Statement On Texas Parks And Wildlife Department Helicopter Crash
- Building Your Success System. Unique New eBook
- M.G.A Garage Door Repair Houston TX Will Now Be Operational On A 24/7 Basis
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Extended The State Disaster Declaration In August 2020
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Renews COVID-19 Disaster Declaration
- Every Heart Has A Story, What's Yours?
- Texas: Governor Abbott Extends State Disaster Declaration For COVID-19
- Onlive Server Announced Europe based Germany VPS Server Hosting Services with KVM Hypervisor Cloud Panel
- Solvefory.org Introduces the SOLVE FOR WHY t-shirt campaign
- TRECIG'S CIO & Cybersecurity Expert Jim West Shortlisted for Cyber Security Award
- San Antonio: Resolution Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis Clears Committee Review; Heads to Full City Council Vote
- ICON Jewel's Famed Hollywood Jeweler Talks Diamonds, Covid And These Uncertain Times
- San Antonio: Amended Health Directive provides guidance to school districts for phased restarting of in-person instruction