SAN ANTONIO (Sept. 19, 2019) – The City's Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) is hosting its annual Historic Homeowner Fair at the Pearl Stable (307 Pearl Pkwy.) on Saturday, Sept. 21, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Presented by Pearl, this fun, family-friendly event is free and brings homeowners together with preservation experts, city departments, and knowledgeable trades experts to discuss how to care for and maintain historic homes.
"We find there's misinformation about what it means to live in a historic district and how to care for an older or historic home," said Shanon Miller, OHP director. "This is a unique opportunity to become knowledgeable, not only about our design review process, but also about available tools for everyday maintenance issues or to research the history of your home."
More on Txylo.com
- Eastern Market Staple Gets a New Location - Discount Candles & Blessings
- New website offers comprehensive database for finding, managing local events
- RedLine Athletics Announces the Grand Opening for its Arlington Cooper, Texas Location
- Evolve IP Named for Third Consecutive Year To Gartner's 2019 Magic Quadrant for Contact Center as a Service, North America
- Lucd Partners with AI Satellitez to improve customer experience for model creation in the Enterprise
This year's lineup includes:
Ask An Expert: City Services – no need to dial 311. City staff from multiple departments, such as Code Enforcement, City Arborist, permitting and zoning, will be available all day to answer questions and explain processes.
UDC 2020 – it's an opportunity for the community to engage in discussions about potential changes to the Unified Development Code, the City's comprehensive codes containing regulations related to the physical development of our city. Topic discussed will include processes like design review, designations, and infill development. The UDC is updated every 5 years.
When It Rains, It Pours: Water Conservation and the Historic Guidelines - Perennial favorite Mark Peterson of SAWS is back. Learn how to embrace sustainability, respect our community's biocultural heritage, and best practices most appropriate for historic neighborhoods. Questions about trees, irrigation, and more, are welcomed.
More on Txylo.com
- SFA Therapeutics, Inc. To Present At Bio Investors Forum
- Braeden Lichti: Investing in Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Applauds Coming Improvements to Gilbert Garza Park
- San Antonio: Councilman Treviño supports expansion of RAICES offices in Five Points
- Councilman Peláez Applauds Adoption of CAAP and San Antonio's Move Towards Resiliency
Wood Window Workshop – with Steve Quillian is our most popular session. Repairing windows is not common knowledge to everyone, but being able to repair historic windows allows you to keep the original fabric and character of your historic home. Learn some tricks of the trade, like unsticking painted shut windows, removing and repairing window sashes, protection from lead paint exposure, and making inoperable windows function like new.
Rehabber Club – makes an appearance in this year's fair, with a panel comprised of experienced renovators who will share key lessons learned, how they navigated the historic guidelines, and how to establish a budget for your project.
For more information about this year's Historic Homeowner Fair, visit us at sapreservation.com.
Latest on Txylo.com
- The FMD Group Appoints New President - Mike Waters Joins The FMD Group
- Lantek to present six educational sessions at FABTECH 2019
- New Book - Cybersecurity: The Children's Guide to Being Safe Online
- Doctor Unveils the Path to Better 'Lifestyle and Longevity'
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Welcomes Promising Early Results of Cite and Release Policy
- MuirWoods Memory Care, Petaluma's Comeback Kid
- Polish-American family opens Ziggy's Kielbasa House deli in Leander, Texas
- Fitt Adds New Funding, Strategic Investor in MINDBODY
- New Projects For Tree Cutting Available With Battalion Tree Service For Hardin County Texas Beaumont
- What are the Best University Programs for Starting a Career in Manufacturing?
- UNCF Stops in Fort Worth/Dallas; Awarding Thousands in Scholarship Dollars
- Tidewater area restaurant The Dirty Buffalo announces Grand Opening for Virginia Beach location
- Headstorm Extends Senior Leadership Team and Opens Pittsburgh Office
- Clinical 2.0 to Increase Value & Profitability of Clinical Pathology Labs
- ITSMA 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- An Overview of Google Translate vs Human Spanish Translation Services
- S-cubed launch the A3 Community MDR
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches With The Goals To Empower The Creative Spirit And Celebrate All
- San Antonio: Councilman Courage's Statement on Tragic Loss of Firefighter Greg Garza
- Councilwoman Rebecca Viagran Shares Condolences on Fallen San Antonio Firefighter Greg Garza