SAN ANTONIO (Sept. 19, 2019) – The City's Office of Historic Preservation (OHP) is hosting its annual Historic Homeowner Fair at the Pearl Stable (307 Pearl Pkwy.) on Saturday, Sept. 21, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Presented by Pearl, this fun, family-friendly event is free and brings homeowners together with preservation experts, city departments, and knowledgeable trades experts to discuss how to care for and maintain historic homes.
"We find there's misinformation about what it means to live in a historic district and how to care for an older or historic home," said Shanon Miller, OHP director. "This is a unique opportunity to become knowledgeable, not only about our design review process, but also about available tools for everyday maintenance issues or to research the history of your home."
More on Txylo.com
- Panic and Fear Become New Normal with COVID-19 and Current Violence in America
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Spa Owner Prevails Against Ashley Black and 'FasciaBlaster' in Defamation Case
This year's lineup includes:
Ask An Expert: City Services – no need to dial 311. City staff from multiple departments, such as Code Enforcement, City Arborist, permitting and zoning, will be available all day to answer questions and explain processes.
UDC 2020 – it's an opportunity for the community to engage in discussions about potential changes to the Unified Development Code, the City's comprehensive codes containing regulations related to the physical development of our city. Topic discussed will include processes like design review, designations, and infill development. The UDC is updated every 5 years.
When It Rains, It Pours: Water Conservation and the Historic Guidelines - Perennial favorite Mark Peterson of SAWS is back. Learn how to embrace sustainability, respect our community's biocultural heritage, and best practices most appropriate for historic neighborhoods. Questions about trees, irrigation, and more, are welcomed.
More on Txylo.com
- City of San Antonio seeks applicants for VIA Metropolitan Transit Authority Board of Trustees
- City of San Antonio announces temporary closure of Alamo Plaza
- Houston Independent Presidential Candidate, Jade Simmons, releases official statement on the unrest in America and announces virtual rally
- LITE IS ON FIRE, Twenty Episodes and a Wide Variety of Guests So Far
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training in Dallas Area with One Person Per Classroom Guaranteed
Wood Window Workshop – with Steve Quillian is our most popular session. Repairing windows is not common knowledge to everyone, but being able to repair historic windows allows you to keep the original fabric and character of your historic home. Learn some tricks of the trade, like unsticking painted shut windows, removing and repairing window sashes, protection from lead paint exposure, and making inoperable windows function like new.
Rehabber Club – makes an appearance in this year's fair, with a panel comprised of experienced renovators who will share key lessons learned, how they navigated the historic guidelines, and how to establish a budget for your project.
For more information about this year's Historic Homeowner Fair, visit us at sapreservation.com.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Valet operators pivot to include bag checking for new revenue stream
- San Antonio: Parks and Recreation to Sponsor Free Summer Food Program for Children
- City of San Antonio invites the public to participate in virtual public comment
- Texas: Governor Abbott, U.S. Attorneys Announce Federal Prosecution For Protest Agitators Violating Federal Law
- Sunoco LP Announces Thomas R. Miller, Chief Financial Officer, to Retire
- Art Locke Receives FocalPoint Business Coaching's 2019 Campbell Fraser Award For Coaching Excellence
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- New ActivePipe Experience for Qualifying Leads, plus Managing Increased Web Traffic
- Jasper Publishing announces new book "Transform Yourself — Transform Your Organization"
- San Antonio: Metro Health Launches Asymptomatic COVID-19 Study
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- City of San Antonio issues temporary curfew for downtown business district and Alamo Plaza
- TX Restaurant Relief Fund Expands to Support Vandalized Restaurants
- Texas: Governor Abbott Surges State Resources In Response To Protest Violence
- Texas: Governor Abbott Declares State of Disaster Following Violent Protests
- Small Business Owner Tiffany S. Walker Lends Her Support To Local Protestors