SAN ANTONIO (May 14, 2019) – Blockbuster hits including "Aquaman" and "Ant Man and the Wasp," cherished throwback classics including "The Karate Kid" and "Pretty in Pink," along with animated classics, and educational and cultural films are just a few of the 21 movies families can enjoy for free at Mission Marquee Plaza this year. The World Heritage Office kicks off the fifth annual FREE Family Film Series at Mission Marquee Plaza this Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 7 p.m. with a screening of "Mary Poppins Returns" beginning at dusk. The outdoor film series takes place May-November at the site of the former Mission Drive In Theatre, located at 3100 Roosevelt Ave. All film screenings are free and open to the public.
More on Txylo.com
- Panic and Fear Become New Normal with COVID-19 and Current Violence in America
- Japanese Spring and Summer Flowers
- "Phasers on Stun" - A lesson from the Future
- Onlive Server Launched Hong Kong VPS Server Hosting with One-Click Installation
- Spa Owner Prevails Against Ashley Black and 'FasciaBlaster' in Defamation Case
"We invite you to bring the entire family to Mission Marquee Plaza to enjoy movies and family-friendly activities as we grow this historic venue," said District 3 Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran. "Join us Thursday evening, for the Thursday Night Film series which will screen every third Thursday of the month, May through October. "This area is extremely important to San Antonio's history and it is magnificent to see a new generation of people enjoying the space."
The Outdoor Family Film Series includes pre-entertainment, complimentary popcorn provided by City Base Cinema. Food trucks and artisan vendors will be onsite. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and to bring lawn chairs, blankets and snacks. The Outdoor Film Series will continue every first and third Saturday of the month until November, as well as the Thursday Night Movie series on the third Thursday of every month, May through October. Film series dates include May 16, May 18, June 1, June 15, June 20, June 28, July 6, July 18, July 20, August3, August 15, August 17, September 7, September 19, September 21, October 5, October 17, October 19, November 2, and November 16. Screenings will begin 15 minutes after dusk.
More on Txylo.com
- City of San Antonio seeks applicants for VIA Metropolitan Transit Authority Board of Trustees
- City of San Antonio announces temporary closure of Alamo Plaza
- Houston Independent Presidential Candidate, Jade Simmons, releases official statement on the unrest in America and announces virtual rally
- LITE IS ON FIRE, Twenty Episodes and a Wide Variety of Guests So Far
- Adobe Creative Cloud Training in Dallas Area with One Person Per Classroom Guaranteed
"The City of San Antonio World Heritage Office appreciates the continued support from H-E-B and City Base Cinema for their commitment throughout the years to providing free quality entertainment to the community," said Colleen Swain, Director of the World Heritage Office. "It's great to see the community come together and enjoy this one-of-a-kind venue."
Mission Marquee Plaza was acquired by the City of San Antonio in 2007, and has gone through several renovations that include a mural re-creation project that was completed by the City in 2013. Since then, the City has coordinated many popular events at this historic venue for the entire community. Click here for the full schedule of movies, markets and other Mission Marquee Plaza events. For more information, visit www.missionmarquee.com or call (210) 207-8612.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Valet operators pivot to include bag checking for new revenue stream
- San Antonio: Parks and Recreation to Sponsor Free Summer Food Program for Children
- City of San Antonio invites the public to participate in virtual public comment
- Texas: Governor Abbott, U.S. Attorneys Announce Federal Prosecution For Protest Agitators Violating Federal Law
- Sunoco LP Announces Thomas R. Miller, Chief Financial Officer, to Retire
- Art Locke Receives FocalPoint Business Coaching's 2019 Campbell Fraser Award For Coaching Excellence
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- New ActivePipe Experience for Qualifying Leads, plus Managing Increased Web Traffic
- Jasper Publishing announces new book "Transform Yourself — Transform Your Organization"
- San Antonio: Metro Health Launches Asymptomatic COVID-19 Study
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- City of San Antonio issues temporary curfew for downtown business district and Alamo Plaza
- TX Restaurant Relief Fund Expands to Support Vandalized Restaurants
- Texas: Governor Abbott Surges State Resources In Response To Protest Violence
- Texas: Governor Abbott Declares State of Disaster Following Violent Protests
- Small Business Owner Tiffany S. Walker Lends Her Support To Local Protestors