SAN ANTONIO (May 14, 2019) – Blockbuster hits including "Aquaman" and "Ant Man and the Wasp," cherished throwback classics including "The Karate Kid" and "Pretty in Pink," along with animated classics, and educational and cultural films are just a few of the 21 movies families can enjoy for free at Mission Marquee Plaza this year. The World Heritage Office kicks off the fifth annual FREE Family Film Series at Mission Marquee Plaza this Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 7 p.m. with a screening of "Mary Poppins Returns" beginning at dusk. The outdoor film series takes place May-November at the site of the former Mission Drive In Theatre, located at 3100 Roosevelt Ave. All film screenings are free and open to the public.
More on Txylo.com
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live
- Texas: Governor Abbott Names Vice Chair And Appoints Five To OneStar National Service Commission
- Vodacom Group enters into an agreement to acquire majority stake in IoT.nxt
- THE PARCHED GARDEN Announces the Launch of Its Monthly Subscription Club for Succulents
- "American Boy" Creates Cannabis Buzz at the University of Rome, Italy
"We invite you to bring the entire family to Mission Marquee Plaza to enjoy movies and family-friendly activities as we grow this historic venue," said District 3 Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran. "Join us Thursday evening, for the Thursday Night Film series which will screen every third Thursday of the month, May through October. "This area is extremely important to San Antonio's history and it is magnificent to see a new generation of people enjoying the space."
The Outdoor Family Film Series includes pre-entertainment, complimentary popcorn provided by City Base Cinema. Food trucks and artisan vendors will be onsite. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and to bring lawn chairs, blankets and snacks. The Outdoor Film Series will continue every first and third Saturday of the month until November, as well as the Thursday Night Movie series on the third Thursday of every month, May through October. Film series dates include May 16, May 18, June 1, June 15, June 20, June 28, July 6, July 18, July 20, August3, August 15, August 17, September 7, September 19, September 21, October 5, October 17, October 19, November 2, and November 16. Screenings will begin 15 minutes after dusk.
More on Txylo.com
- LMS50 Announces New Online Employee Training Courses
- Perceptum Launches Upgraded Website and New Services Offerings for 21st Century Professionals
- Ebola united states migrant with Ebola virus
- Texas: Governor Abbott Attends Grand Opening Of First Baptist Church Of Sutherland Springs
- United States Powerlifting Association (USPA) Landshark Open
"The City of San Antonio World Heritage Office appreciates the continued support from H-E-B and City Base Cinema for their commitment throughout the years to providing free quality entertainment to the community," said Colleen Swain, Director of the World Heritage Office. "It's great to see the community come together and enjoy this one-of-a-kind venue."
Mission Marquee Plaza was acquired by the City of San Antonio in 2007, and has gone through several renovations that include a mural re-creation project that was completed by the City in 2013. Since then, the City has coordinated many popular events at this historic venue for the entire community. Click here for the full schedule of movies, markets and other Mission Marquee Plaza events. For more information, visit www.missionmarquee.com or call (210) 207-8612.
Latest on Txylo.com
- City of San Antonio to Begin Providing Video Coverage of Council Committee Meetings and Planning, Zoning and Historic Design Review Commission Meetings
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg Supports Aid for Asylum Seekers
- Maapera Analytics Awarded Product Demonstration Program
- San Antonio: Change the Way We Give Campaign to Provide Meaningful Help to Homeless and At-Risk Individuals
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Launches New Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Initiative on Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2019
- Nonprofits First Releases 501cPro Toolkit Invaluable Tool for Growing Nonprofits
- Nevvon wins a fully endorsed contract with Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
- Grilling Enthusiasts Can Get Recipes, Cooking Tips And Earn Cash With Online Reward Program GrillPerks
- Datavalet Announces the Launch of Guest Wi-Fi Fair-Use Management
- ShearShare Cofounder Named SMU Cox School of Business 2019 Outstanding Young Alumni
- Falco eMotors Awarded Patent for Advances in Liquid Cooling of Direct Drive Motors for Electric Bikes
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates its Client, Tedd Drattell, on Major Honor
- Golf Gum™ Combines the Cognitive Benefits of Chewing Gum with the Physical Benefits of Caffeine – an Energy Breakthrough Backed by Science
- Learn at SAPL Launches Free Digital inclusion Certificate Program Available to All San Antonio Residents
- San Antonio: City Council B Session, May 15: Dockless Vehicle Briefing
- pNeo announces North American ecommerce expansion through Canada's largest online retailers
- OpenRoad Lending crosses over the $2 Billion in new auto loans mark
- Capital Farm Credit Extends Support of Houston Safari Club Foundation
- HSCF Now Accepting Entries For Annual Hunting and Photo Awards
- HSCF Announces Stellar 2020 Convention Entertainment Lineup!