SAN ANTONIO (May 14, 2019) – Blockbuster hits including "Aquaman" and "Ant Man and the Wasp," cherished throwback classics including "The Karate Kid" and "Pretty in Pink," along with animated classics, and educational and cultural films are just a few of the 21 movies families can enjoy for free at Mission Marquee Plaza this year. The World Heritage Office kicks off the fifth annual FREE Family Film Series at Mission Marquee Plaza this Thursday, May 16, 2019, at 7 p.m. with a screening of "Mary Poppins Returns" beginning at dusk. The outdoor film series takes place May-November at the site of the former Mission Drive In Theatre, located at 3100 Roosevelt Ave. All film screenings are free and open to the public.
More on Txylo.com
- projekt202 Names Kevin Fisher as Dallas GM
- San Antonio IP Firm Secures Revolutionary Phase Change Material Patent
- Flying L Ranch Resort Sponsoring "Stars at Night Gala"
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
"We invite you to bring the entire family to Mission Marquee Plaza to enjoy movies and family-friendly activities as we grow this historic venue," said District 3 Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran. "Join us Thursday evening, for the Thursday Night Film series which will screen every third Thursday of the month, May through October. "This area is extremely important to San Antonio's history and it is magnificent to see a new generation of people enjoying the space."
The Outdoor Family Film Series includes pre-entertainment, complimentary popcorn provided by City Base Cinema. Food trucks and artisan vendors will be onsite. Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and to bring lawn chairs, blankets and snacks. The Outdoor Film Series will continue every first and third Saturday of the month until November, as well as the Thursday Night Movie series on the third Thursday of every month, May through October. Film series dates include May 16, May 18, June 1, June 15, June 20, June 28, July 6, July 18, July 20, August3, August 15, August 17, September 7, September 19, September 21, October 5, October 17, October 19, November 2, and November 16. Screenings will begin 15 minutes after dusk.
More on Txylo.com
- CannaBiz Invest Asia Draws Global Medical & Industrial Cannabis Industry Players to Bangkok
- MiaSolé Achieves Flexible Substrate Thin-Film Solar Cell Efficiency of 20.56 Percent
- REAL Trends + Tom Ferry Announce 2019 America's Best Real Estate Agents List Seventh Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Doug Baruchin of Island Trauma Services, Inc. Earns Accredited ACAC Certification
- Join Music2Deal a Business Network for the Music Industry ONLY @Music2Deal
"The City of San Antonio World Heritage Office appreciates the continued support from H-E-B and City Base Cinema for their commitment throughout the years to providing free quality entertainment to the community," said Colleen Swain, Director of the World Heritage Office. "It's great to see the community come together and enjoy this one-of-a-kind venue."
Mission Marquee Plaza was acquired by the City of San Antonio in 2007, and has gone through several renovations that include a mural re-creation project that was completed by the City in 2013. Since then, the City has coordinated many popular events at this historic venue for the entire community. Click here for the full schedule of movies, markets and other Mission Marquee Plaza events. For more information, visit www.missionmarquee.com or call (210) 207-8612.
Latest on Txylo.com
- American Indian Tribe Demands Full Archeological Study Amidst Major Renovation of the Alamo
- Press Conference: American Indian Tribe Demands Full Archaeological Study of the Alamo
- Saum G To Release New Music album "Alternate Paths"
- Nystrom & Associates Celebrates 10,000 Patients Receiving Early Access with QueueDr
- San Antonio: City Manager Walsh announces executive staff appointments
- Black Female Entreprenuer's 2-In-1 Store & Salon Provides Classes To Give Back To Community
- Questtec Solutions Sponsors the Heat Recovery Steam Generator Forum in Orlando
- San Antonio: Parks and Recreation's Zero Robotics Summer Program Coding for Fun, Competition, and the Future of Space Exploration
- Hello Sustainable Hair: New Mom Gretchen Rossi Partners with OMORFIE
- Real Estate Investing With A Purpose
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg presides over Sisters Cities National Conference
- The Global Glow: The founder behind beauty powerhouse MineTan is taking over the self tan industry
- National Testing Network Recognized by Governing Magazine
- Digisonics Nets New OB Ultrasound Solution Expansions
- CURevl Launches Education Refinance Program with Y-12 Federal Credit Union
- Talking Rocks Venue Announces Its Own Multi-Day, Multi-Cultural, Music, Food, & Gemstone Showcase
- Residential Home Funding Corp. Plans to Add 100 Loan Officers by End of 2019
- Leo Bottary Announces the Launch of Peernovation
- IRS Commissioner to Address National Tax Pro Group
- Share Internet Data Ltd (SID) Expands its Mobile Network to include the Unbanked with its LDJ Digital app