Office: (210) 207-8031, Cell: (913) 908-3375
SAN ANTONIO (November 8, 2019) – Every year, a different national forest is selected to provide a tree to appear on the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol building for the holiday season. The Carson National Forest, in partnership with the New Mexico Tourism Department and nonprofit organization Choose Outdoors, will bring the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree from New Mexico to Washington, D.C. by way of a cross-country tour involving more than 25 communities along the way. Join us as the tree makes a special stop at The Alamo on Saturday, Nov. 16 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. (the tree will arrive at 6 p.m.). Well-wishers will have a chance to sign banners on the sides of the truck, learn more about the Carson National Forest and the state of New Mexico, purchase U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree merchandise and more. Enjoy visits from Santa, free hot chocolate for the first 250 guests, and other family-friendly activities! Activities are open to the public and free for all to enjoy.
More on Txylo.com
- PDR Expands Its Texas Footprint with Regional Office in Dallas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Rehabilitation Council Of Texas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Miller And Young To Texas Early Learning Council
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Texas: Nominations Now Open For The 2020 Governor's Volunteer Awards
Under the theme of Delivering Enchantment, the 60-foot tall Blue Spruce was cut on the Questa Ranger District on Nov. 6 and prepared for the 2,000-mile expedition. The journey will include a series of community celebrations Nov. 11-25 throughout New Mexico and across the U.S. and culminate with the official tree lighting on the West Lawn in early December. Smaller companion trees also will be provided to decorate offices inside of the U.S. Capitol building and other sites throughout Washington, D.C., along with 10,000 handmade ornaments created by New Mexicans.
"We are grateful to the host cities, including San Antonio, who play a vital part of bringing the tree across the country and this annual celebration," said Bruce Ward, President, Choose Outdoors.
For more information about the tree's visit to The Alamo, please visit the Facebook event page. For news, events and tour information, and to track the tree cross-country, visit www.uscapitolchristmastree.com, along with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- Vizient Named for the 5th Time as One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- All You Need To Know About Cupping Therapy
- 2nd Annual Unstoppable: Passion for a Purpose Luncheon to Feature Kendra Scott of Kendra Scott Jewelry as Keynote Speaker
- Local Nonprofit Announces 2019 - 2020 Volunteer Extraordinaire
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Thibodeaux To Advisory Council on Postsecondary Education for Persons with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- Digital Defense, Inc. Names Bob Layton as Chief Revenue Officer
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- CenterPoint Energy Announces Sale of CenterPoint Energy Services Business to Energy Capital Partners
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Kosmos Energy Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series