SSEK Law Firm Represents Texas Retirees in 6-Figure GWG L Bond Claim Against Centaurus Financial
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Comprehensive PR Strategies Resource Site
- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
- The Artist Cynthia Pinot Takes Switzerland And New York By Storm With Multiple Shows
GWG Holdings, Inc., a Dallas-based alternative asset firm, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April 2022. Now, this Texas couple are among the many thousands who have been left holding these high-risk, illiquid junk bonds that may not be worth much at all at this point.
Centaurus Persuaded These Inexperienced Investors to Buy Into L Bonds and REITs
The claimants, both conservative and unsophisticated investors, were investing their money through another brokerage firm when they decided to attend a free investing seminar sponsored by Centaurus Financial brokers based out of Tucson, Arizona. Following the event, these financial advisors called them a number of times until they agreed to meet.
The retirees then entrusted $385K of their money to Centaurus Financial, which proceeded to invest most of these assets in illiquid, privately traded products that charged high commissions.
More on Txylo.com
- Sibble & Associates: Pioneering a New Era in Startup Investments
- Houston Landing Launches Its Full News Platform Featuring Robust Daily Storytelling Driven by Community Input and a Mission 'To Strengthen Democracy and Improve the Lives of All Houstonians, One Story at a Time'
- Noel Deyzel Shares Inspiring Journey of Recovery and Encourages Self-Care in New Video
- SWAPA Announces Cancellation of 24-Hour Picket
- Author Christina Maria Martinez Searches for Good Samaritan Who Saved Her Life 25 Years Ago
GWG Holdings L Bonds
GWG Holdings, Inc.
Centaurus Financial also recommended that the retirees invest $270K of their money in CIM and Mackenzie, which are two privately traded real estate investment trusts (REITs). Like GWG's L Bonds, CIM and Mackenzie were unsuitable and too risky for these older investors.
Unfortunately, Centaurus Financial failed to warn the claimants of how risky any of these investments were, or that GWG bond repayments were done in Ponzi-like fashion with the money coming from bonds sold to newer investors. Instead, the firm concentrated the Texas couple's money in these alternative investments despite the couple's directive that their funds be placed only in safe products.
More on Txylo.com
- We Decode Launches New Affiliate Program to Help Communities Improve Their Health
- Bahamas to Host the 2023 Caribbean Masters' Track and Field Championship Labor Day Weekend
- Research Urges Standardization of FDA's Human Factors Engineering Practices Within the Medical Device Industry
- Mannatech Announces Results of Annual Shareholders' Meeting
- Texas: Governor Abbott Signs Sweeping Package Of Border Security Legislation
Centaurus Financial "Padded" Elderly Customers' Net Worth, Investing Goals, and Risk-Tolerance
To be able to invest these retirees in L Bonds and the REITs, Centaurus Financial had to "pad" new account forms to get around compliance issues. This included exaggerating these investors' net worth, investing goals, and risk tolerance levels.
The Centaurus Financial advisors appear to have been self-supervised and with no on-site compliance.
Skilled GWG L Bond Law Firm
SSEK Law Firm is representing several L Bond investors against the brokerage firms that sold them these junk bonds. If you would like us to help you explore your legal options, contact us below:
SOURCE Shepherd Smith Edwards & Kantas LLP
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- Tomball Economic Development Corporation closes sale of final lot in Tomball Business & Technology Pa
- Stagwell's (STGW) Multiview Joins LinkedIn Audience Insights API to Develop More Relevant Campaigns
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Over $468,000 Job Training Grant To Dallas College
- L-Tron's OSCR Team Arrives at the 2023 TX IAI Conference in Austin
- Timing is Key: Discover the Advantages of Selling Now, Backed by Experts
- Croft Production Announces Portfolio Expansion & Diversification with Innovative Drilling Solutions
- Governor Abbott Names Jackson Interim Chair Of Public Utility Commission Of Texas
- HealthyMVMT Delivers Refreshment with Subscriptions for Water Infusions, Teas, and Lemonades
- Shook Deepens M&A and Corporate Capabilities
- Primary Arms has Signed on to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Montgomery County ESD 10 Purchases Land for New Fire Stations
- Fairview Microwave Launches mm Waveguide Horn Antennas that Cover Broad Frequency Range
- Benchmark International Fcl the Trstn Btw Electromagnetic Industries LLP & Olympic Control Corporate
- Get Ready for Fireworks in Sexy Red, White, and Blue Bustier Babydoll Lingerie
- Financial IT Launches Fintech Pathfinder: Showcasing the Most Promising Fintech Startups
- Wágner Resurfaces with Second Single "I Ran" After 30-Year Hiatus
- HYSKY Society Publishes Free FLYING HY Hydrogen Aviation Event Prospectus
- Vision Hawk Films and Arctic Cowboys Join Forces for Northwest Passage Kayaking Documentary
- Texas: Governor Abbott Signs 8 Public Safety Bills Into Law To Protect Texans
- Author/Photographer David Goodman Announces June 27 Release of His New Book An American Cannabis Story