Texas Boosts Historic Border Mission With Other States’ Support
- Score Shot Back to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Generational Capital Markets Advises Youngblood Automation in its Sale to H&P Technologies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony In Georgetown
Since the launch of Operation Lone Star, the multi-agency effort has led to over 377,000 illegal immigrant apprehensions and more than 28,000 criminal arrests, with more than 26,000 felony charges reported. In the fight against fentanyl, Texas law enforcement has seized over 417 million lethal doses of fentanyl during this border mission.
Texas has also bused more than 9,500 migrants to our nation's capital since April 2022, over 7,000 migrants to New York City since August 5, more than 2,000 migrants to Chicago since August 31, more than 1,100 migrants to Philadelphia since November 15, and 40 migrants to Denver since May 18.
Operation Lone Star continues to fill the dangerous gaps left by the Biden Administration's refusal to secure the border. Every individual who is apprehended or arrested and every ounce of drugs seized would have otherwise made their way into communities across Texas and the nation due to President Joe Biden's open border policies.
RECENT HIGHLIGHTS FROM OPERATION LONE STAR:
Governor Abbott Hosts Fellow Governors For Border Security Briefing In Austin
On Tuesday, Governor Abbott hosted nine of his fellow Governors at the Governor's Mansion in Austin for a border security briefing to provide an update on the ongoing crisis and share insights into Texas' unprecedented response to President Biden's open border policies. The Adjutant General of Texas Thomas Suelzer, DPS Director Steve McCraw, and Texas Border Czar Mike Banks participated in the border security briefing and provided on-the-ground intelligence about the border crisis.
This border security briefing comes after Governor Abbott sent letters to America's Governors last week requesting support for Texas' border security mission following the Biden Administration's decision to end Title 42 on May 11.
Read more about Governor Abbott's border security briefing with his fellow Governors.
More on Txylo.com
- Independent Film Inspired by 2020 Social Justice Movement Launches on Amazon Prime
- ZINFI Technologies Showcases Industry-Leading Channel Management Automation Platform at Forrester's B2B Summit North America in Austin, June 5-7
- Expro Wins Well Intervention and Integrity Contract for Major Project in Uganda
- San Antonio: Enjoy fun events this June and July Downtown
- San Antonio: District 5 Councilmember Reacts to Violent Crime Reduction Plan Update
Idaho, Florida, Nebraska, Tennessee Answer Governor Abbott's Call For Support
After the Governor urged the nation's Governors to help support Texas' unprecedented border security efforts in letters issued May 16, other states have responded with the deployment of additional manpower and assets.
Last week, Governor Abbott traveled to Brownsville to provide an update on Texas' response to the ongoing border crisis and greeted Idaho State Police officers deployed to support Texas in responding to President Biden's border crisis. Florida National Guard service members arrived in Texas last weekend, and Governor Abbott offered thanks for the additional support of Texas' enhanced border security mission. Tennessee and Nebraska are the latest states to deploy guardsmen and law enforcement personnel to the border in response to Governor Abbott's call to step up to help fill in the gaps created by President Biden's open border policies.
WATCH: DPS Lt. Olivarez Details Texas' Effective Deterrence Efforts Post-Title 42
More on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: District 7 to Host Housing Assistance Event with Community Partners
- Natera Announces Data from the ProActive Study that Supports Prospera™ Kidney as an Early Indicator of Transplant Rejection
- Recess Games June 2023 Event Calendar
- Fit 3D - Documenting the Anti-Aging Journey of CourMed Founder/CEO through Resurgence Wellness
- Billboard, Music Week, and DJ Times Charting Recording Artist, NOAH, Releases Groundbreaking Single "BABYMAKER"
DPS Lt. Chris Olivarez joined Fox News this week to discuss America's southern border crisis following President Biden ending Title 42 expulsions on May 11. While the number of illegal immigrants crossing the southern border decreased from the record high leading up to Title 42's end, Lt. Olivarez noted that there are still roughly 4,000-5,000 encounters at the border each day.
"The credit should go to the State of Texas for what we did during the week of Title 42 ending with our DPS troopers, Texas National Guard, and everyone who stepped up and held the line in preventing thousands more illegal crossings," said Lt. Olivarez. "It was a concerted effort from everyone involved, and we were able to prevent more crossings. That's a strategy we're going to use moving forward, especially in Eagle Pass and El Paso."
Florida National Guard Joins Operation Lone Star Soldiers, Troopers At Border
Following Governor Abbott's request for his fellow Governors to support Texas' border security efforts, the State of Florida sent nearly 500 Florida National Guard soldiers to the Texas-Mexico border this week.
Florida guardsmen arrived Sunday and deployed across the Texas-Mexico border from Del Rio/Eagle Pass and El Paso to other points where they could make the most impact. Arriving soldiers are helping boost current operations to safeguard the Texas-Mexico border by working alongside Operation Lone Star partners.
WATCH: DPS Trooper Finds Five Illegal Immigrants Hiding During Traffic Stop
A DPS trooper discovered several illegal immigrants inside a vehicle during a traffic stop in Kinney County. A total of five illegal immigrants were referred to Border Patrol. The trooper also found a handgun during the search. The driver, an illegal immigrant from El Salvador, is charged with smuggling of persons and unlawful carrying of a weapon.
DPS Special Agents With Operation Lone Star Help In Arrest Of Murder Suspect
DPS Special Agents, working in conjunction with Texas Highway Patrol as part of Operation Lone Star and Florida Department of Law Enforcement who recently arrived in Texas as support, conducted a traffic stop on an SUV in Zavala County on Tuesday for a traffic violation. During the interview, the driver, who was believed to be wanted for murder in Harris County, gave false information about his identity.
After several attempts to flee from custody, the driver was apprehended. He was found to have an active warrant for capital murder and taken to the Zavala County Jail.
DPS Special Agents Assist With Seizure Of Over 4 Lbs. Of Cocaine
DPS Criminal Investigations Division Special Agents, in coordination with Florida Department of Law Enforcement, seized more than 4 pounds of cocaine after a DPS trooper stopped a pickup truck in Hidalgo County. The driver from Mission faces criminal charges for possession of a controlled substance.
Texas National Guard Soldiers Push Back Illegal Immigrants On Land, River
Texas National Guard soldiers prevented illegal immigrants from wading across the Rio Grande River and directed them back to the Mexico side this week. Working with law enforcement partners, including DPS Brush Teams, soldiers also responded to a sensor that alerted them of illegal immigrants attempting to cross into Texas. Operation Lone Star was able to stop the illegal border crossings before migrants entered into Texas, with soldiers directing the illegal immigrants by helicopter back to Mexico.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Appoints University Student Regents, Representative To Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Hephaestus Global Launches Comprehensive Free Resource for Investors
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Fresh Publication Feel, Daily Content, and Comprehensive PR Resources
- Timothy M. David Announces the Release of The Imposed Path
- Eva Tillman Announces the Release of Dear Mom - a memoir
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia
- FibroBiologics to Present Corporate Update at 2023 BIO International Convention
- Pettit Kohn Welcomes Esteemed Attorney John E. Drazkowski to the Arizona Team
- INshed Now Offers Nationwide Shipping of Fully-Assembled, Eco-Friendly Backyard Offices
- ResMan Unveils 2023 ResMania Award Winners
- Entrinsik Appoints Madhavi W. Chandra as Chief Product Officer
- Austin Safety Council Training and Health Facility Ready To Certify Workforce
- Golden Ticket Productions Launches New Website
- InstaRisa's 3.0 3D Facial Scanner Is Now At The Texas Center For Oral Surgery & Dental Implants!
- Discovery Behavioral Health Appoints Shelley Plemons as Senior Vice President of Strategy and Growth
- Aquia Launches Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Security Assessment Offering, Pairing Automation With Deep Cloud Security Expertise
- Orbex Launches New ZERO Spread Trading Account with $1 Commission per Side
- Triarc Solutions Launches "RA360" Support & Maintenance Offering for All Unsupported Versions of RightAngle
- Alpha Gold Fund Receives Recognition Of Excellence Awards
- BRINKER INTERNATIONAL TO HOLD INVESTOR DAY ON JUNE 7