- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- FreeWater, The World's First Free Beverage Company, Launches With A Foundation And Focus In Philanthropy
- Governor Abbott Appoints Six to Texas Crime Victims' Institute Advisory Council
"With support from the Texas Music Office, in 2019 the Texas music industry created more than 210,000 direct and indirect permanent jobs in communities all across the Lone Star State and generated $27.3 billion in economic activity," said Governor Abbott. "As we focus on unleashing the Lone Star State's economic might, I am committed to working alongside our communities to ensure they have the tools needed to succeed. Music Friendly Communities certified by the Texas Music Office are serious about attracting and developing local music industry growth, and I am proud of all that the Texas Music Office has accomplished in helping communities like Dripping Springs spur job creation and economic growth."
More on Txylo.com
- Is Change Coming to the EB-5 Industry?
- All Fish Gear: Launching a New Online Store Dedicated to the Art of Fishing
- Westlake Chemical Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Governor Abbott Announces 20 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered In Texas
- San Antonio: Animal Care Services teams up with renowned animal welfare foundation and disaster response organization
"The Dripping Springs area is well known for fostering musical talent as shown by a multitude of venues promoting live music, several recording studios, and our highly successful annual Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival," said Pam Owens, President/CEO of the Dripping Springs Visitors Bureau. "The Texas Music Office will give us a way to reach, assist, and advocate for the great talent we have locally."
"Our area is full of local talent in an assortment of genres. We're so well known as a music community that working toward this Music Friendly certification was a natural fit," said Dripping Springs Mayor Bill Foulds. "Artists are showcased at a variety of local businesses and venues every day of the week, plus we have a number of other industry professionals, a music school, and several recording studios. We love our local talent, and we're extremely excited about being able to hold our Dripping Springs Songwriters Festival for the seventh year this October."
More on Txylo.com
- Local artists collaborate with City of San Antonio to increase community awareness of the importance of the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Employer Direct Healthcare sponsors Inaugural Florida Health, Education and Innovation Summit
- Texas: Governor's Commission For Women Announces Women-Owned Business Webinar Series And Pitch Competition
- CSD Learns, in partnership with RIT/NTID and by General Motors, Launches National Virtual Classroom for BIPOC Deaf Children
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
The Dripping Springs community will celebrate the designation on Thursday, April 29 at 5:30 pm at Hudson's On Mercer St, where Owens will be presented with the Music Friendly honor by Chip Adams, TMO Community Relations & Outreach Specialist.
Dripping Springs joins more than 20 other Texas cities that have received the official Music Friendly Community designation. These cities include Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Denton, Lindale, Stephenville, Conroe, San Angelo, Nacogdoches, Abilene, McKinney, Waxahachie, Waco, Alpine, Bastrop, New Braunfels, Victoria, Lubbock, Denison, Arlington, and Brenham. Cities that are currently working through the certification process include: Houston, Dallas, and El Paso. Round Rock will be awarded the designation in May.
About the Texas Music Friendly Community program: https://gov.texas.gov/music/page/music-friendly-communities
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Winter Storm Disaster Declaration For May 2021
- Naturally Slim Announces Rebrand to Wondr Health
- Aspire Fertility San Antonio Welcomes Jennifer Knudtson, MD to its Team of Renowned Fertility Specialists
- Governor Abbott Receives Texas Military Value Task Force 2021 Report
- 10 Year Anniversary of International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day
- El Paso-Based Providers Launch Mountain Star Clinically Integrated Network
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- The Myth of Artificial Intelligence--AcademicInfluence.com Features Author and Computer Scientist Erik Larson
- City of Houston Begins to Electrify Fleet Through a Partnership with Greenlots
- Howard Energy Partners to Significantly Expand Its Port Arthur Terminal Facility to Support Local Renewable Diesel Production
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- Chris Conde - Engulfed In The Marvelous Decay (Album)
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- MediaKind Announces Two Senior Appointments to Elevate Business Strategy in DTC and Advertising Space
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Copart, Inc. to Release Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Results
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- Braemar Hotels & Resorts Announces Proposed $50 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Taysha Gene Therapies to Participate in Upcoming May Investor Healthcare Conferences
- Texas: Governor Abbott Sets Date For Special Runoff Election In Congressional District 6