- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Increases Readiness Level of State Operations Center In Response To Tropical Storm Nicholas
"With support from the Texas Music Office, in 2019 the Texas music industry created more than 210,000 direct and indirect permanent jobs in communities all across the Lone Star State and generated $27.3 billion in economic activity," said Governor Abbott. "Music Friendly Communities certified by the Texas Music Office are serious about attracting and developing the local music industry to spur job creation and economic growth. I congratulate Grand Prairie on earning the Music Friendly Community designation, and I look forward to amplifying their continued success."
"Congratulations to Mayor Ron Jensen and the City of Grand Prairie on this well-earned certification," said Senator Brian Birdwell. "I am proud to have the Music Friendly Community of Grand Prairie in Senate District 22. I am confident Grand Prairie will welcome and foster music industry development for years to come."
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
"It's an honor to help recognize Grand Prairie as the newest member of the distinguished list of Texas' Music Friendly Communities," said Senator Kelly Hancock. "This is a well-deserved and hard-earned accomplishment that shows why our community is such a great place to live and work."
The City of Grand Prairie, Visit Grand Prairie, and the Texas Music Office invite the community to celebrate the designation on Saturday, September 11 at Firehouse Gastro Park at 6 pm. TMO Community Relations & Outreach Specialist Chip Adams will present the Music Friendly Community designation to Grand Prairie Mayor Ron Jensen.
"We are delighted to receive this official designation from the state; however Grand Prairie is no stranger to providing a stage for local talent and big names to flourish," said Mayor Jensen. "This designation will help foster talent across our grand city to perform at venues such as Uptown Theater, Texas Trust CU Theatre, The Epic Theater, Lone Star Park, Firehouse Gastro Park, The Oasis floating restaurant, and our signature event, Main Street Fest. In addition, we are home to the Grand Prairie Fine Arts Academy and the Grand Prairie Arts Council which promote local talents. I want to thank Visit Grand Prairie, Grand Prairie Economic Development, city staff and the Advisory Committee for working on this initiative to help us encourage music and more opportunities to Live Life Grand in Grand Prairie."
More on Txylo.com
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Madisonville Jane Doe-5 year Recovery Anniversary
- 07:01 ET NadaMoo! Brings Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream to your Seasonal Dessert Rotation
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- SilverPoint Senior Living Named in the Top 20 of 2021 Best Workplaces in Aging Services by Great Place to Work and Fortune
Grand Prairie joins more than 25 other Texas cities that have received the official Music Friendly Community designation. These cities include Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Denton, Lindale, Stephenville, Conroe, San Angelo, Nacogdoches, Abilene, McKinney, Waxahachie, Waco, Alpine, Bastrop, New Braunfels, Victoria, Lubbock, Denison, Arlington, Brenham, Dripping Springs, Round Rock, El Paso, Odessa, and Vidor. Cities that are currently working through the certification process include Houston and Dallas.
About the Texas Music Friendly Community program: https://gov.texas.gov/music/page/music-friendly-communities
Latest on Txylo.com
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Improving Appoints Kathy Henely as New Board Member
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Heart to Heart Hospice Receives Medalogix Muse Trailblazer Award for Adopting Machine Learning Technology
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- ACU continues to lead Texas universities in U.S. News student success categories
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Hurricane Nicholas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Beaumont Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Corpus Christi Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Houston Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Victoria Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas MDL Sought for Splashtown Chemical Leak Cases