The Governor also announced the launch of an online portal run by the Supply Chain Strike Force to streamline the process and validation of leads for more supplies. The portal, accessible through www.texas.gov, will serve as an intake process for those wanting to provide valid leads on PPE and donations. The portal also serves as a portal for those wanting to donate supplies, services, or your time—including medical professionals and nurses looking to volunteer.
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Waives Certain Regulations To Expand Health Care Workforce During COVID-19 Response
- James Family Charitable Foundation Donates 100,000 Meals to Nonprofit Feeding America's Coronavir
- United Imaging Releases Information on Additional Transportable CTs for the U.S.
- Author Offers Dentists His Book For FREE In Hopes They Can Rebound From The COVID-19 Shutdown Even Stronger Than They Were Before The Pandemic
- COVID-19 Update Just in Time for Easter
"The State of Texas is rapidly accelerating the purchasing and delivery of essential personal protection equipment and other supplies to aid in our COVID-19 response," said Governor Abbott. "The Supply Chain Strike Force is working in concert with the Texas Division of Emergency Management to secure these vital resources and to swiftly distribute them to medical professionals, hospitals, and first responders in communities throughout the state. We thank all those who have already offered donations to meet our supply needs. I urge all Texans who would like to donate essential supplies and all medical professionals who are willing to volunteer their time and expertise to visit www.texas.gov to find out how they can help."
The Governor also issued an Executive Order to better track both hospital bed capacity and COVID-19 test results across the state. The Executive Order requires all hospitals, excluding psychiatric hospitals, to submit daily reports on hospital bed capacity to the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) who will then share this information with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The order also requires every public or private entity utilizing FDA-approved COVID-19 tests to submit daily reports of all results to the local health department and DSHS who will then share this information with the CDC.
More on Txylo.com
- Month of Prayer for Believers Everywhere, By Believers Everywhere
- Texas: Governor Abbott Holds Call With Anthony Fauci, MD, Of White House Coronavirus Task Force
- Autonomous Inc. Steps Up to Help Local Hospitals Fight COVID-19
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg issues addendum to Stay Home Work Safe Orders
- San Antonio: New COVID-19 testing criteria makes testing more accessible to the community
The Governor was joined at the press conference by:
- John Hellerstedt, MD, Commissioner, DSHS Nim Kidd, Chief, TDEM Luis Rios, MD, President, Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Raymond Risk, CEO and President, Texas Construction Association David Fleeger, MD, President, Texas Medical Association Mahlon Kerr, MD, President, Austin Society of Plastic Surgeons Kenneth Shaffer, MD, President/Governor, Texas Chapter of American College of Cardiology David Yu, DDS, MS, Member, Texas Society of Periodontists
View the Governor's Executive Order.
Latest on Txylo.com
- A1A Print USA Now Serving Dallas
- A1A Print USA services available in Texas
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Texas: Governor Abbott Suspends Regulations To Increase EMS, First Responder Workforce
- Rebecca Creek Distillery to donate 3,000 bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizer to the City of San Antonio
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- Texas: Governor Abbott Releases Video Message To Texans As Latest Executive Order Goes Into Effect
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran extends condolences to those affected by COVID-19 nursing home outbreak
- San Antonio: Bexar County Complete Count Committee Reminds Residents to Participate in 2020 Census
- A.Local™ To Volunteer Emergency Marketing Assistance To Small Businesses Affected By COVID-19
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- San Antonio Fire Department and San Antonio Metropolitan Health District respond to COVID-19 outbreak at local nursing home
- Texas: Governor Abbott, TDHCA Take Initial Action To Secure Financial Housing Assistance
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Federal Stimulus Package To Help Texans Affected By COVID-19
- Houston Trial Lawyer John B. Thomas Named to Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform