- Young Caleb Marshall Held 3 years in jail without trial on False Allegation Charges
- The largest and oldest Festival of Islamic Arts is back!
- 13:14 ET Alejandro Dabdoub is recognized by Continental Who's Who
"With support from the Texas Music Office, in 2019 the Texas music industry created more than 210,000 direct and indirect permanent jobs in communities all across the Lone Star State and generated $27.3 billion in economic activity," said Governor Abbott. "Music Friendly Communities certified by the Texas Music Office are serious about attracting and developing the local music industry to spur job creation and economic growth. I congratulate the City of San Marcos on earning the Music Friendly Community designation, and I look forward to amplifying their continued success."
"San Marcos is the home to many live music venues, where patrons can enjoy performances from local artists who are looking to further their careers and share their art with the community," said Senator Donna Campbell. "Designating San Marcos as a Music Friendly Community will benefit our musicians and increase revenue, allowing the city to grow and continue producing talented artists. I'm proud to represent this song-filled city!"
More on Txylo.com
- Be Suite By Beauty Entourage Expands Their Mobile Salon Fleet with an 18 Foot Glass Walled Truck
- San Antonio: Metro Health October 16 – 23 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces D6 Headquarters Relocation to Sulphur Springs
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- San Antonio: NATIONAL TEEN DRIVER SAFETY WEEK OCTOBER 17 – 23, 2021
"I am delighted that San Marcos is joining the Music Friendly Community, especially because fostering local arts and music invigorates the economy and spurs innovation by artists, business owners, and cultural leaders," said Senator Judith Zaffirini. "I look forward to the many ways this designation will enrich the community."
TMO Community Relations & Outreach Specialist Chip Adams will present the Music Friendly Community designation to City Councilwoman and Mayor Pro Tem Melissa Derrick on Thursday, October 7 during the kick-off of the Music on the Square concert series on the San Marcos courthouse lawn, 111 E San Antonio St. Hosted by the City of San Marcos Main Street program, the Music on the Square concert starts at 6 p.m.; the certification ceremony will be between bands at 7 p.m.
"From the influential work of Eddie Durham and his swinging jazz compositions to the enduring honky-tonk style of the Ace in the Hole band where legendary county music artist George Strait got his start, the City of San Marcos' music roots run deep," said Councilwoman Derrick. "Becoming a Music Friendly Community is good for our city. It is good for our businesses, vendors, and organizations. It is good for musicians and music lovers. It is good for our culture. It is good for the soul of San Marcos."
More on Txylo.com
- 1000Bulbs.com Urges Everyone to Buy Christmas Lights Before Stock Sells Out
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Hutto
- Texas: Governor Abbott Adds Higher Education Improvements To Third Special Session Agenda
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
For questions and media inquiries, please contact Steven Anderson at SAnderson@sanmarcostx.gov
San Marcos is the 30th Texas city to have received the official Music Friendly Community designation, joining Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, Denton, Lindale, Stephenville, Conroe, San Angelo, Nacogdoches, Abilene, McKinney, Waxahachie, Waco, Alpine, Bastrop, New Braunfels, Victoria, Lubbock, Denison, Arlington, Brenham, Dripping Springs, Round Rock, El Paso, Odessa, Vidor, Grand Prairie, Port Aransas, and Dallas. Houston is currently working through the certification process.
About the Texas Music Friendly Community program: https://gov.texas.gov/music/page/music-friendly-communities
Latest on Txylo.com
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Richard Tyler, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "SuccessOnomics Vol 3"
- Bad Girls Boxing LLC Presents The Return Of Bad Girls Boxing
- Community First Health Plan Now Offers Medicare Advantage Plans
- Affiant Records Welcomes Nearly Spent
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Governor Abbott, TDHCA: Texas Rent Relief Program First In Nation To Provide $1 Billion In Assistance
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Bryan
- Informer Partners Announces Rebranding, Affirms Commitment to Clients
- San Antonio: Community invited to an evening of fun at future site of Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park
- ITSMA 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Department of Homeland Security awards training contract to Cyber World Institute
- MainConcept FFmpeg Plugin Portfolio Adds xHE-AAC Encoder and Support for Linux on ARM with AVC & HEVC
- ASI Launches iMIS Advertising to Help Associations Maximize Non-Dues Revenue
- Scary is King When it Comes to Professional Haunting
- Introducing The Skill Market, a support platform for small business owners and solo entrepreneurs
- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- CNXT Digital Brings Student Life and Family Engagement Together in One Integrated Solution K-12