- Pickering Energy Partners Acted as Co-Manager to Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc.
- Colliers finalizes sale of office property in Houston, Texas
- Tiffany Jo Baker Featured Nationwide
"The beginning of a new school year should be an exciting time for students and teachers, and the State of Texas is working to provide that for the Uvalde community," said Governor Abbott. "As a new school year begins, we must ensure students, parents, and all dedicated school personnel can look forward to new opportunities to learn and grow. Texas will keep working to provide all available support and resources to the Uvalde community as they continue to heal."
"We know going back to school will be especially challenging for many in Uvalde," said DPS Director Steven McCraw. "The Texas Department of Public Safety is committed to working with the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District to ensure each child, parent, and teacher feels safe and protected during this difficult time. There is no task more important than this."
Governor Abbott has taken significant action to provide all available resources to support the Uvalde community following the tragic shooting at Robb Elementary School. Those actions include:
- Initiating the State of Texas' comprehensive plan to assist and support members of the community, including co-locating state agency representatives to the Family Assistance Center for on-hand assistance in finding benefits.
- Investing an initial $5 million to establish a long-term Family Resiliency Center in Uvalde County to serve as a hub for community services, including access to critical mental health resources.
- Providing $1.25 million to Uvalde Consolidated School District for trauma-informed counseling, crisis intervention, and community outreach.
- Working with the OneStar Foundation to create a one-stop webpage for donations to support the victims' families, teachers, and the Uvalde community.
- Directing the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) to ensure all children in Uvalde have access to behavioral health resources and community support.
- Providing $105.5 million to enhance school safety and mental health services in Uvalde and throughout Texas.
- Issuing a disaster declaration to accelerate all available state and local resources to assist the Uvalde community.
- Requesting Texas legislative leaders convene special legislative committees to begin examining and developing legislative recommendations on school safety, mental health, social media, police training, firearm safety, and more.
- Directing the Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC) to begin immediately conducting comprehensive school safety reviews to ensure all Texas public schools are following the appropriate procedures to maximize school safety.
- Directing the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to provide strategies to make Texas public schools safer through heightened safety standards.
- Instructing the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) programs to provide training to all school districts across the state, prioritizing school-based law enforcement.
- Directing TEA, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB), and the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to expand and accelerate the ability to report suspicious activity through the iWatchTexas reporting system.
- Directing TEA to create a new Chief of School Safety and Security position within the agency.
- Urging the Texas District & County Attorneys Association (TDCAA) to increase lie-and-try prosecutions of people who lie on information provided for gun background checks.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Western Midstream Partners, LP Announces Pricing of Notes Offering
- Texas: Governor Abbott Spotlights National Border Crisis At Manhattan Institute
- Green Office Partner Ranks on the Inc. 5000 Annual List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America
- NTSO Founder, Conductor Wins 2023 American Prize in Conducting
- Tania Ortiz Mena Appointed President of Sempra Infrastructure
- Grinview Smiles Now Uses Snap-On Dentures As An Alternative To Pricey All-On-4® Dental Implants!
- Office Calgary Inc, announces office expansion plans
- This Christian text you've never heard of, The Shepherd of Hermas, barely mentions Jesus!
- Governor Abbott Announces Over $1.3 Million In Career Training Grants To North Central And East Texas Schools
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Wildfire Disaster Declaration In September 2023
- Evo Security's Nick Wolf Recognized as One of CRN's 100 People You Don't Know But Should for 2023
- Kahuna Brings Scalability and Optimized Performance to its Operational Skills Management Software with a Redefined User Experience
- PFW Recap: CHOCHENG Spring/Summer 2024 Les Parapluies De CHOCHENG
- Cravey Real Estate Announces Successful Sale of PlainsCapital Bank Property in Corpus Christi, TX
- The New Trace One Ushers in a New Era for CPG and Retail Product Innovation
- FileCloud Partners with OPSWAT to Enable Enhanced Customer Data Security Posture
- M-Files Unveils Knowledge Work Automation, Powered by M-Files Aino Generative AI
- Introducing Magnet Clips for C9 or C9 Bulbs by Kingdom Connection: Simplify Your Lighting Experience
- Vortex Companies Acquires Lining Division Ltd.
- Texas: Governor Abbott Celebrates New National Healthcare Research Hub In Dallas