- Light the Way Summit Welcomes Virtual Reality Human Trafficking Education Company
- Entrinsik Promotes Robin Lamb to Vice President of Client Services
- STAY BUNGALOW ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL DEBUT
Governor Greg Abbott and the Governor's Commission for Women today announced the 2022 Women-Owned Business Series beginning with four weekly webinars Wednesday, August 31, through Wednesday, September 21. The webinars will feature subject-matter experts offering actionable advice for Texas women business owners and entrepreneurs on starting, growing, and sustaining a business.
"Texas is home to 1.25 million women business owners," said Governor Abbott. "I am especially proud that we lead the nation for jobs created by Hispanic women, African American women, and veteran women business owners. Women who invest in themselves and their ideas for the future of their families and their communities are critical to our economy. I look forward to continuing working alongside all of our entrepreneurs and small business owners to ensure they have the knowledge and tools needed to succeed. Working together, we will continue to create even more new jobs across every region of this great state."
Each of the weekly webinars, offered at no cost and in partnership with the Beacon State Fund, will take a deep dive into important topics and available resources for women-owned small businesses and women entrepreneurs in Texas.
Additionally, an in-person event, the Governor's Small Business Series – Honoring Women-Owned Businesses, will be co-hosted by the Governor's Commission for Women, the Governor's Office of Economic Development and Tourism, and the Beacon State Fund on Thursday, October 6, in South Padre Island. The event will be an opportunity to network with other business owners and hear first-hand from experts who will share timely, relevant, actionable information on a multitude of small business topics.
The Governor's Commission for Women will also host a women-owned small business pitch competition following the webinars and in-person event, with awardees selected for each region of Texas.
Women-Owned Business Webinar Series
- Wednesday, August 31: Legal Considerations for Small Businesses
- Wednesday, September 7: Finance and Supply Chain Planning for Small Businesses
- Wednesday, September 14: Marketing Your Small Business
- Wednesday, September 21: Managing Burnout and Employee Retention for Small Businesses
For more information on the no-cost weekly webinar series and to register for one or more, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/organization/women/business-series
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Letter To President Biden On EPA Plan That Threatens Oil And Gas Production In Permian Basin
- Kano Laboratories, Makers of Kroil, Announces Refreshed Branding for Extended Line of Industrial Product Solutions
- Michael Baker International Announces New Leadership Roles in Southern Region
- Reliant and the Astros Foundation Launch "Slide Into Summer Reading"
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Finance Commission Of Texas
Governor's Small Business Series – Honoring Women-Owned Businesses
- Thursday, October 6: In-Person, South Padre Island
For more information on the in-person event, bookmark this page for details to be released on the time, location, and registration fee: https://gov.texas.gov/business/event/governors-small-business-series-south-padre-island
Women-Owned Small Business Pitch Competition
The Governor's Commission for Women, in partnership with the Beacon State Fund, will also host a women-owned small business pitch competition following the webinars and in-person event, with awardees selected for each region of Texas. Women small business owners in Texas are invited to submit an application to the pitch competition explaining the challenges their business faces and the creative solutions, tactics, and adjustments used to face these challenges. Completed applications must be submitted by July 31, 2022, via the online application form. Finalists from each region will be invited to then present a live pitch to judges following one of the four webinars or the one in-person event. For more information, visit: https://gov.texas.gov/organization/women/pitch-competition
A Texas Junior Small Business Pitch Competition for young Texas female entrepreneurs ages 4 to 14 will also be hosted by national non-profit Lemonade Day and the Beacon State Fund in partnership with the Governor's Commission for Women. Completed applications must be submitted by the July 31, 2022 deadline via an online application form. See full details here: https://lemonadeday.org/junior-business-pitch-competition
More on Txylo.com
- City of Houston, Greater Houston Partnership Lead Mission to France to Grow Business and Cultural Ties
- Fathym announces the addition of Sergio Sotolongo to its board of directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces GlobiTech Semiconductor Facility Expansion In Sherman
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Uvalde Disaster Declaration In June 2022
- Elevating the Voices of San Antonio Youth to Assist in City of San Antonio's COVID-19 Recovery
The Governor's Commission for Women is dedicated to advancing economic opportunities for Texas women and making Texas the No. 1 state for women-owned businesses.
The Governor's Office of Economic Development and Tourism is tasked with marketing and promoting the state of Texas as a premier business location and travel destination; the Small Business Assistance team is a resource for small and medium Texas businesses through advocacy, entrepreneurial support, education, and technical assistance.
The Beacon State Fund, a 501(c)(3) Texas nonprofit, works cooperatively with the Governor's Commission for Women to promote opportunities for and support the successes of Texas women.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Houston: Mayor Turner's Statement on U.S. Supreme Court Overturning Roe v. Wade
- Ismail Sirdah' Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On U.S. Supreme Court Decision To Overturn Roe V. Wade
- Dalia Dupris Announces the Release of Anything But Love
- San Antonio: Expansion of Salado Creek Greenway Trail Continues
- San Antonio: D6 Councilwoman Votes to Approve Small Business Rescue Funds and Calls for Support to Build Resilience
- Children's Shoe Brand joins Soles4Souls in Ukrainian Refugee Relief Efforts
- The Data Economics Company announces partnership with Incradia to release the ReVerse franchise on Lydion-based Game Development Platform
- iTech offers 60-days free trial on expEDIum Medical Billing® product
- Stramsen Biotech Inc. Announced Eleven New Natural Plant-based Drug / Medicine Candidates During its Board Members' Meeting
- Houston: Mayor Turner's Statement In Support of Haley Carter
- Houston: Mayor Turner's Statement on the Texas Department of Transportation's Expansion of Interstate 45 and Demolition of Apartments
- Completion of funding round brings Metaphysiks one step closer to embodying the Metaverse
- Magellan Healthcare Provides Resources in Support of BIPOC Mental Health Awareness Month in July
- On Anniversary of Surfside Tragedy, New Book Coaches Residents to Identify Warning Signs
- DialCare First Telehealth Company to Team with Virta Health for Type 2 Diabetes Reversal Treatment
- Careington® Works with Virta Health to Offer Type 2 Diabetes Reversal Treatment
- STAY BUNGALOW ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL DEBUT
- First Command Reports: Financial Optimism Remains Strong in Career Military Families
- Dragons Take Flight at An Unexpected Journal