- What You Need to Know About Burn Injuries [Infographic]
- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- FreeWater, The World's First Free Beverage Company, Launches With A Foundation And Focus In Philanthropy
"Thank you to the USDA for extending these crucial emergency SNAP benefits for the month of May," said Governor Abbott. "Through the continued extension of the benefits, Texas families have been able to provide for their families and put food on the table throughout the pandemic."
"We will continue to provide additional support to Texans and their families during this pandemic so they can purchase nutritious foods with their SNAP benefits," said Texas HHS Access and Eligibility Services Deputy Executive Commissioner Wayne Salter.
More on Txylo.com
- Is Change Coming to the EB-5 Industry?
- All Fish Gear: Launching a New Online Store Dedicated to the Art of Fishing
- Westlake Chemical Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Governor Abbott Announces 20 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered In Texas
- San Antonio: Animal Care Services teams up with renowned animal welfare foundation and disaster response organization
HHSC received federal approval from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to extend the maximum, allowable amount of SNAP benefits to recipients based on family size, and all SNAP households will receive a minimum of $95 in emergency allotments.
The emergency May allotments are in addition to the more than $3.1 billion in benefits previously provided to Texans since April 2020.
Recipients will also continue to receive a 15 percent increase in their total benefits, which will continue monthly until September 2021. This 15 percent increase and the additional emergency allotment amount should appear in recipients' accounts by May 31.
Administered by HHSC, SNAP is a federal program that provides food assistance to approximately 1.6 million eligible low-income families and individuals in Texas. Texans in need can apply for benefits, including SNAP and Medicaid, at YourTexasBenefits.com or use the Your Texas Benefits mobile app to manage their benefits.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Savara Announces New Employment Inducement Grant Under NASDAQ Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- Fort Worth Christian Announces Valedictorian and Salutatorian
- Braemar Hotels & Resorts Announces Pricing of $75 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Ismail Sirdah's Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Venom F5 Global Public Debut Set for Amelia Island Concours
- ShearShare Partners With ENVY To Help Beauty Professionals Rebound From Pandemic
- International Being You Day Will Take Place on May 22nd
- Fluor Announces Pricing of Upsized Convertible Preferred Stock Offering
- San Antonio: Committee on Emergency Preparedness to host meeting this Friday, May 14, 2021
- San Antonio: CDC Recommends Use of Pfizer Vaccine in Adolescents, 12 to 15 Years Old
- Mitochondria gallery presents "Life In Color." A group exhibition by rising artists from west Africa
- Benchmark International Facilitated The Transaction Of Nova Engineering to an Individual Buyer
- Texas First Lady Cecilia Abbott Delivers Remarks At Zonta Club Of Parker County's Status Of Women Luncheon
- Bulldog Mobile Billboards Newest Advertising Truck - The BESTie
- ALYI Adds Self-Drive Rentals To Electric Motorcycle Rideshare Program Targeting $4 Billion African Market
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Winter Storm Disaster Declaration For May 2021
- Naturally Slim Announces Rebrand to Wondr Health
- Aspire Fertility San Antonio Welcomes Jennifer Knudtson, MD to its Team of Renowned Fertility Specialists
- Governor Abbott Receives Texas Military Value Task Force 2021 Report
- 10 Year Anniversary of International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day