"By extending this emergency SNAP funding, the State of Texas is helping to ensure families can continue to put food on the table," said Governor Abbott. "I remain grateful to our partners at the U.S. Department of Agriculture for their ongoing support throughout the COVID-19 pandemic."
More on Txylo.com
- Lee Doubleo Drops Debut Single 'SLUSHIE' with Sexy Halloween Club Banger Theme
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- Corner Bakery Partners With Pandya Restaurant Growth Brands To Support Next Chapter of Growth
- The Tennessee Werewolves Get Disorderly in "American Dream" Video - Premiering October 30th
- Andrew Holman Joins Prytime Medical as Chief Commercialization Officer
"The additional SNAP benefits will help Texans purchase foods that provide nutrition to their families," said Texas HHS Access and Eligibility Services Deputy Executive Commissioner Wayne Salter. "Continuing these allotments is an important component of our continued response to COVID-19."
More than 961,000 SNAP households will see the additional amount on their Lone Star Card by August 15. The emergency August allotments are in addition to the $835 million in benefits previously provided to Texans between April and July.
Administered by HHSC, SNAP is a federal program that provides food assistance to approximately 1.4 million eligible low-income families and individuals in Texas.
Texans in need can apply for benefits, including SNAP and Medicaid, at YourTexasBenefits.com or use the Your Texas Benefits mobile app to manage their benefits.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott, TEA Issue Report Showing Teacher Pay Raises For 2019-2020 School Year
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces New Braunfels Designated As Music Friendly Community
- AffiniPay Announces New Integration with CE21 Lighthouse
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- Binh Pham and R.M. Clark with INtense Publications Announce the Release of The Dragon's Song
- Protecting People & Assets: Allied Expands Facility, Machine & Personal Safety Product Offerings
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints VanSteenberg To Commission on State Emergency Communications
- Insivia Re-launches SaaS Founder Show
- PrimeArray Systems is thrilled to offer the must-have NAS features of 2021
- IGNITE CTRM Announces Strong First Half-Year Growth
- Syxsense Experiences Record-Breaking Growth As Millions of Remote Workers Create Cyber Security Demand
- Single-Gate Logic Devices from Diodes Incorporated Target Automotive Applications Including Infotainment and ADAS
- Firefly Aerospace to Automate Composite Rocket Production with Ingersoll Machine Tools
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Yosemite Pathology Group on Recent Acquisition
- At Home Group Inc. Announces Preliminary1 Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Results
- Uranium Energy Corp Files Fiscal 2020 Annual Report