"The State of Texas continues to act upon the recommendations of top state, federal, and local health experts as we implement a comprehensive strategy to limit the spread of COVID-19," said Governor Abbott. "The New York Tri-State Area and the City of New Orleans have become major centers of this pandemic, and it is vital that we take necessary precautions to prevent additional exposure that could originate from people traveling from these areas to Texas. This Executive Order is another important measure we are taking to protect the health and safety of Texans, and we will continue to take any action necessary to mitigate exposure to COVID-19 in our state."
More on Txylo.com
- James Family Charitable Foundation Donates 100,000 Meals to Nonprofit Feeding America's Coronavir
- United Imaging Releases Information on Additional Transportable CTs for the U.S.
- Author Offers Dentists His Book For FREE In Hopes They Can Rebound From The COVID-19 Shutdown Even Stronger Than They Were Before The Pandemic
- COVID-19 Update Just in Time for Easter
- Month of Prayer for Believers Everywhere, By Believers Everywhere
Those entering Texas as their final destination from the designated areas will use a form from DPS to designate their quarantine location. DPS special agents will conduct unannounced visits to designated quarantine locations to verify compliance. Failure to comply with this order is considered a criminal offense that is punishable by up to a $1,000 fine, up to 180 days in jail, or both.
This order to self-quarantine shall not apply to people traveling in connection with military service, emergency response, health response, or critical-infrastructure functions, as may be determined by the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM). This Executive Order will remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the Governor.
The Governor was joined for the press conference by Texas Department of State Health Services Commissioner John Hellerstedt, MD, and TDEM Chief Nim Kidd.
View the Governor's Executive Order.
Latest on Txylo.com
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation
- New Website Truth Point Offering Video Live-streaming on Current Events
- Parkland Community Health Plan to waive cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatment
- Screening Eagle raises CHF 55 million to protect the built world
- City of San Antonio and Bexar County launch multi-layered response to protect nursing home residents from COVID-19
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- Simple Solution to at home pain management during social-distancing
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
- Houston Resident's, Non-fiction Book, "Always Say Hi," Nominated for Global Award
- San Antonio: Tracing results for COVID-19-positive officer determined potential exposures to be low or negligible risk to the public
- Dental Marketing Company Helps Dentist's Keep Emergency Rooms Free From Dental Related Emergencies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Proclamation Regarding Fort Worth Crime CPD Elections
- James Avery announces associate furloughs due to extended store closures
- A1A Print USA Now Serving Dallas
- A1A Print USA services available in Texas
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Texas: Governor Abbott Suspends Regulations To Increase EMS, First Responder Workforce
- Rebecca Creek Distillery to donate 3,000 bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizer to the City of San Antonio
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes