WHEREAS, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has determined that, as of March 19, 2020, COVID-19 represents a public health disaster within the meaning of Chapter 81 of the Texas Health and Safety Code; and
WHEREAS, I issued Executive Order GA-08 on March 19, 2020, and Executive Order GA-09 on March 22, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 disaster; and
WHEREAS, timely information about COVID-19 testing and hospital bed capacity is crucial to efforts to cope with the COVID-19 disaster; and
WHEREAS, Vice President Mike Pence, leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, has requested that every governor in the United States order daily reporting of these crucial pieces of information to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); and
WHEREAS, the "governor is responsible for meeting . . . the dangers to the state and people presented by disasters" under Section 418.011 of the Texas Government Code, and the legislature has given the governor broad authority to fulfill that responsibility; and
More on Txylo.com
- James Family Charitable Foundation Donates 100,000 Meals to Nonprofit Feeding America's Coronavir
- United Imaging Releases Information on Additional Transportable CTs for the U.S.
- Author Offers Dentists His Book For FREE In Hopes They Can Rebound From The COVID-19 Shutdown Even Stronger Than They Were Before The Pandemic
- COVID-19 Update Just in Time for Easter
- Month of Prayer for Believers Everywhere, By Believers Everywhere
WHEREAS, under Section 418.012, the "governor may issue executive orders . . . hav[ing] the force and effect of law."
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Texas, do hereby order the following on a statewide basis effective 11:59 p.m. on March 24, 2020:
All hospitals licensed under Chapter 241 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, and all Texas state-run hospitals, except for psychiatric hospitals, shall submit to DSHS daily reports of hospital bed capacity, in the manner prescribed by DSHS. DSHS shall promptly share this information with the CDC.
Every public or private entity that is utilizing an FDA-approved test, including an emergency use authorization test, for human diagnostic purposes of COVID-19, shall submit to DSHS, as well as to the local health department, daily reports of all test results, both positive and negative. DSHS shall promptly share this information with the CDC.
This executive order shall remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by me or by a succeeding governor.
Given under my hand this the 24th day of March, 2020.
Governor Greg Abbott
Latest on Txylo.com
- MC Residential Communities Ranks 13th Best Company To Work Multifamily® For Women In The Nation
- New Website Truth Point Offering Video Live-streaming on Current Events
- Parkland Community Health Plan to waive cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatment
- Screening Eagle raises CHF 55 million to protect the built world
- City of San Antonio and Bexar County launch multi-layered response to protect nursing home residents from COVID-19
- Florida Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order All Legal Proceedings Must Go Online
- Simple Solution to at home pain management during social-distancing
- 230V in the vehicle made easy and powerful with an all-in-one inverter system
- Mahmood Khan Cracks ITUNES Australia Top Ten Charts
- Houston Resident's, Non-fiction Book, "Always Say Hi," Nominated for Global Award
- San Antonio: Tracing results for COVID-19-positive officer determined potential exposures to be low or negligible risk to the public
- Dental Marketing Company Helps Dentist's Keep Emergency Rooms Free From Dental Related Emergencies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Proclamation Regarding Fort Worth Crime CPD Elections
- James Avery announces associate furloughs due to extended store closures
- A1A Print USA Now Serving Dallas
- A1A Print USA services available in Texas
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Texas: Governor Abbott Suspends Regulations To Increase EMS, First Responder Workforce
- Rebecca Creek Distillery to donate 3,000 bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitizer to the City of San Antonio
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes