WHEREAS, the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) has determined that, as of March 19, 2020, COVID-19 represents a public health disaster within the meaning of Chapter 81 of the Texas Health and Safety Code; and
WHEREAS, I issued Executive Order GA-08 on March 19, 2020, and Executive Order GA-09 on March 22, 2020, in response to the COVID-19 disaster; and
WHEREAS, timely information about COVID-19 testing and hospital bed capacity is crucial to efforts to cope with the COVID-19 disaster; and
WHEREAS, Vice President Mike Pence, leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, has requested that every governor in the United States order daily reporting of these crucial pieces of information to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); and
WHEREAS, the "governor is responsible for meeting . . . the dangers to the state and people presented by disasters" under Section 418.011 of the Texas Government Code, and the legislature has given the governor broad authority to fulfill that responsibility; and
More on Txylo.com
- Councilwoman Cabello Havrda Expands Access to Emergency Services, Education and Workforce Development, and the San Antonio Food Bank
- San Antonio: City honors military personnel as part of COVID-19 Response Team, recognizes historic partnership
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Hosts Two Back to School Drive Thrus
- The Black Women's Roundtable "Take It To The Top Entrepreneurship Challenge" for Black Women & Girls
- Mango Animate Unveils an Animation Maker for Everyone
WHEREAS, under Section 418.012, the "governor may issue executive orders . . . hav[ing] the force and effect of law."
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Texas, do hereby order the following on a statewide basis effective 11:59 p.m. on March 24, 2020:
All hospitals licensed under Chapter 241 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, and all Texas state-run hospitals, except for psychiatric hospitals, shall submit to DSHS daily reports of hospital bed capacity, in the manner prescribed by DSHS. DSHS shall promptly share this information with the CDC.
Every public or private entity that is utilizing an FDA-approved test, including an emergency use authorization test, for human diagnostic purposes of COVID-19, shall submit to DSHS, as well as to the local health department, daily reports of all test results, both positive and negative. DSHS shall promptly share this information with the CDC.
This executive order shall remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by me or by a succeeding governor.
Given under my hand this the 24th day of March, 2020.
Governor Greg Abbott
Latest on Txylo.com
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Supports Funding Proposal for Edwards Aquifer Protection Program; Calls for Water Security Charter Amendment
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Rebecca J. Viagran's Statement on Final Passage of FY 2021 Operating and Capital Budget
- San Antonio: Councilman Pelaez Praises FY 2021 Budget, Public Health and Safety Priorities
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Gonzales Commends Today's Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Vote
- San Antonio: City Council Approves FY 2021 Budget
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval Celebrates Investment in Public Health in FY 2021 Budget
- San Antonio: Mayor Nirenberg statement on 2021 budget
- City of San Antonio's Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Makes Investments in Public Health, Housing and Workforce Development
- San Antonio Preparatory Community School Hosts In-Person Tours, Friday, Sept 18, 2020
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Designation For Huntsville
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- Texas: Governor Greg Abbott Issues Executive Order Relating to Hospital Capacity
- AUA announces Master of Public Health Collaboration with FIU Stempel College to allow students to pursue both medical and public health degrees
- AcadianKitchens.com Launches With Free Shipping on the Best Cajun Food in the Country
- Governor Abbott Expands Capacity For Certain Services In Texas, Announces Guidance For Nursing Home, Long-Term Care Visitations
- New Innovation, Tech & Research Hub Rises in Texas
- Dr. Aura Imbarus Announces the Release of Conversations with the Past
- Emerald Escapes Receives the 2020 Best of Spring Texas Award
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints 11 To Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response
- DeskProto® releases free CAM software for Linux