Texas: Governor Abbott Promotes Expanded School Choice In Cypress
- Score Shot Back to Sponsor the 2023 IDPA World Championship
- Generational Capital Markets Advises Youngblood Automation in its Sale to H&P Technologies
- Texas: Governor Abbott Honors Fallen Heroes At Memorial Day Ceremony In Georgetown
The Governor noted that increasing school choice options will help boost the quality of public education across the state. He said, "I have authorized more funding for public schools than any other governor in Texas history, and this year we will provide billions of more dollars for public education and teacher pay raises. But more money does not always lead to better results, and it does not solve the problems many Texas parents face with their child's school. By expanding school choice and empowering parents to choose the school that's best for them and their child, all Texas schools—public and private—will do better and our children will rise up like never before."
More on Txylo.com
- ZINFI Technologies Showcases Industry-Leading Channel Management Automation Platform at Forrester's B2B Summit North America in Austin, June 5-7
- Expro Wins Well Intervention and Integrity Contract for Major Project in Uganda
- San Antonio: Enjoy fun events this June and July Downtown
- San Antonio: District 5 Councilmember Reacts to Violent Crime Reduction Plan Update
- San Antonio: District 7 to Host Housing Assistance Event with Community Partners
The Governor pointed to the success of school choice programs in other states, noting that the quality of public education improved in states with robust school choice programs. He also mentioned that a majority of Texans—urban, suburban, and rural—support protecting a parent's right to access their child's school curriculum, school libraries, and classroom materials.
Governor Abbott was joined by Representative Tom Oliverson, Texas Public Policy Foundation Campaign Director Mandy Drogin, Cypress Christian School President Jeff Potts, and other parent empowerment advocates at Parent Empowerment Night which brings together education leaders and stakeholders to discuss education reform and the growing need for parental empowerment in their children's education.
In his 2023 State of the State address Governor Abbott declared education freedom for Texans as an emergency item for the 88th Legislative Session.
At last night's event Governor Abbott expressed his commitment to providing Texans with greater educational opportunities through increased access to quality schools across the state.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on Txylo.com
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Comprehensive PR Strategies Resource Site
- FreeBeer, The World's First Free Beer Company, Launches an Ad-supported Brew
- American Momentum Bank's $25,000 sponsorship supports transitional living center for young adults
- Clarity Payment Hub Ootb Support For Microsoft Dynamics Gp
- Texas: Governor Abbott Vows To Cut Property Taxes At TPPF Fireside Chat
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Departure Of PUC Chairman Lake
- Major Legislative Achievements Boost Texas' Historic Border Mission
- HOUSTON NAMED A 2023 TOP 10 BEST CITY IN AMERICA
- Governor Abbott Deploys State Flood Resources To Northwest Texas
- Ennis, Inc. Acquires UMC Print
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, accepted into the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center, 'Milestone Circles' Program
- A Quarter of Campers Work From the Campsite, says 2023 Camping Report
- Australian Battery Recycling Technology Startup Advances Its Innovative Battery Metals Recovery Process
- TransTech Energy Acquires Metalforms Ltd.
- Governor Abbott Appoints University Student Regents, Representative To Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Hephaestus Global Launches Comprehensive Free Resource for Investors
- Hephaestus Global Unveils Fresh Publication Feel, Daily Content, and Comprehensive PR Resources
- Timothy M. David Announces the Release of The Imposed Path
- Eva Tillman Announces the Release of Dear Mom - a memoir
- Trump Bus Tour sponsored by Legacy PAC will roll into the Georgia GOP State convention June 9th and 10th Columbus Georgia