- Young Caleb Marshall Held 3 years in jail without trial on False Allegation Charges
- The largest and oldest Festival of Islamic Arts is back!
- 13:14 ET Alejandro Dabdoub is recognized by Continental Who's Who
"The State of Texas is prepared to respond to the severe weather that is anticipated to hit our state this week, and Texans can do their part by heeding the guidance of their local officials, preparing for heavy rainfall and flash flooding, and exercising caution as these storms move across the Lone Star State," said Governor Abbott. "We are working closely with communities in the path of these storms to ensure they have the resources they need to respond."
The following resources have been activated:
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service – Texas A&M Task Force One and Texas Task Force Two: Boat Squads to support water rescue operations.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department: Boat Teams to support water rescue operations.
Additionally, TDEM has rostered the following resources for activation if necessary:
- Texas A&M Forest Service: Saw Crews and Incident Management Teams.
- Texas Department of Public Safety: Helicopters with hoist capability.
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Emergency Medical Task Force (EMTF) severe weather packages.
- Texas Department of Transportation: Monitoring of road conditions, and equipment to support emergency debris removal from major roads.
- Public Utility Commission: Power outage monitoring and coordination with utility providers as needed.
Texans are urged to follow these flood preparedness and safety tips during severe weather events:
- Know types of flood risk in your area. Visit FEMA's Flood Map Service Center for information here: https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home.
- Sign up for your community's warning system. The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio also provide emergency alerts.
- Build an emergency supply kit. For more information on how to build a kit, visit: https://www.ready.gov/kit.
- Keep important documents in a waterproof container. Create password-protected digital copies.
- Protect your property. Move valuables to higher levels. Declutter drains and gutters. Install check valves. Consider a sump pump with a battery.
- Be extremely cautious of any water on roads or in creeks, streams, storm drains, or other areas – never attempt to cross flowing streams or drive across flooded roadways and always observe road barricades placed for your protection. Remember, Turn Around Don't Drown.
For more flood safety tips, visit gov.texas.gov/hurricane. Texans can also visit www.TexasFlood.org for resources and tips on how to stay safe during flood events.
More on Txylo.com
- Be Suite By Beauty Entourage Expands Their Mobile Salon Fleet with an 18 Foot Glass Walled Truck
- San Antonio: Metro Health October 16 – 23 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces D6 Headquarters Relocation to Sulphur Springs
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- San Antonio: NATIONAL TEEN DRIVER SAFETY WEEK OCTOBER 17 – 23, 2021
Latest on Txylo.com
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Richard Tyler, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "SuccessOnomics Vol 3"
- Bad Girls Boxing LLC Presents The Return Of Bad Girls Boxing
- Community First Health Plan Now Offers Medicare Advantage Plans
- Affiant Records Welcomes Nearly Spent
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Governor Abbott, TDHCA: Texas Rent Relief Program First In Nation To Provide $1 Billion In Assistance
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Bryan
- Informer Partners Announces Rebranding, Affirms Commitment to Clients
- San Antonio: Community invited to an evening of fun at future site of Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park
- ITSMA 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Department of Homeland Security awards training contract to Cyber World Institute
- MainConcept FFmpeg Plugin Portfolio Adds xHE-AAC Encoder and Support for Linux on ARM with AVC & HEVC
- ASI Launches iMIS Advertising to Help Associations Maximize Non-Dues Revenue
- Scary is King When it Comes to Professional Haunting
- Introducing The Skill Market, a support platform for small business owners and solo entrepreneurs
- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- CNXT Digital Brings Student Life and Family Engagement Together in One Integrated Solution K-12