Texas: Governor Abbott Readies State Resources Ahead Of Severe Weather
- Governor Abbott Appoints Landi To Texas Emergency Services Retirement System Board Of Trustees
- MyyShop Makes Waves at SXSW with Social Commerce Empowerment Plans for Content Creators
- Houston: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Awards $52,150 to Digitally Innovative Arts and Cultural Works
"The State of Texas is preparing all available emergency response resources as severe weather begins to impact Texans and communities across our state," said Governor Abbott. "I urge all Texans to be cautious, heed the guidance of state and local officials, and make an emergency plan to keep you and your loved ones safe. Texas stands ready to swiftly provide any additional resources and support needed during these severe storms."
North, Central, and East Texas are expected to experience large hail, damaging winds, and possible tornadoes. Heavy rain and potential flash flooding are forecasted in East Texas. West Texas will face below-freezing temperatures, as well as a mix of rain and snow through the weekend.
More on Txylo.com
- SkillGigs, Inc. Announces Hire of Rasha Sammour as Human Resources Director
- Love & Drugs 3 Releases Globally
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CourMed Founder/CEO Derrick L. Miles Featured in CNBC Viral Article on Private Aviation
- 10-4Gear.com Launches New Collection of US Border Patrol and Police Coins
At Governor Abbott's direction, TDEM has placed several state resources on standby for severe weather response operations if necessary: Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (Texas A&M Task Force 1 and Texas Task Force 2), Texas A&M Forest Service, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, Texas Department of Transportation, Texas Department of State Health Services, Public Utility Commission of Texas, and the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Additionally, TDEM has alerted all members of the Texas Emergency Management Council to be prepared for response and recovery operations across the state.
For more information on severe weather safety measures visit texasready.gov.
Filed Under: Government, State
Latest on Txylo.com
- Supreme Rejuvenation: The Safest and Most Potent Provider of Human Umbilical Cord Exosomes
- CEO: Tech firms face high stakes in remote work "debate"
- Sip Social Co. Partners With Apé Canada For Supply Of Piaggio Apé's
- Colliers welcomes Patsy Fretwell as Research Director in Houston
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Newsmax, DIRECTV Agreement
- Aldous\Walker's Caleb Miller Named to List of Texas Rising Stars for 2023
- Governor Abbott Appoints Six To Texas School Safety Center Board
- Texas: Governor Abbott Promotes Expanded School Choice In Cypress
- o9 Solutions Recognizes Samsung SDS In Its Inaugural Partner Awards Program
- Drilling Tools International to Host Virtual Analyst & Investor Day On April 18, 2023
- Eddie Turner is Recognized as the #9 Motivational Speaker in the World By Global Gurus!
- Art supply company announces BOGO special on custom size canvases
- Bayou Graphics Offers Vehicle & Fleet Graphic Designing & Installation Services
- CEO Says Green Economy Must Meet High Expectations For Jobs
- Invader Coffee Launches their Mexican Chocolate Brew for Lovers of Organic Coffee
- Governor Abbott Appoints Alvis, Meade To Texas Transportation Commission
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Bolduc As Public Counsel For The Office Of Public Insurance Counsel
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Mach To Public Safety Commission
- EvereTech CEO discussed the importance of people on Episode #96 on the DoD Contract Academy Podcast