WHEREAS, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, issued a disaster proclamation on May 31, 2020, certifying under Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code that the threats and incidents of violence starting on May 29, 2020, which have endangered public safety, constitute and pose an imminent threat of disaster for all counties in the State of Texas; and
WHEREAS, on June 30, 2020, I issued a proclamation renewing the disaster declaration for all Texas counties; and
WHEREAS, these events have caused or imminently threatened widespread or severe damage, injury, and property loss, among other harms, at a time when the State of Texas is responding to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) disaster; and
WHEREAS, while all Americans are entitled to exercise their First Amendment rights, it is imperative that order is maintained, all persons are kept safe and healthy, and property is protected; and
WHEREAS, peaceful protestors, many of whom are responding to the senseless taking of life by the reprehensible actions of a few, should themselves be protected from harm; and
More on Txylo.com
- Undrafted Free Agent LaShaun Sanders is Navigating this Covid Era with Positivity
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Brock To Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome Advisory Council
- Governor Abbott Names Chair And Appoints Four To Texas State Board of Acupuncture Examiners
- Careington CIO Rashmi Jain to Speak at CXO Spotlight Event
- Mid-Year 2020 | Houston Healthcare | Market Report
WHEREAS, the declaration of a state of disaster has facilitated and expedited the use and deployment of resources to enhance preparedness and response to the ongoing threats, including by ensuring that federal law enforcement officers can fully assist with the efforts; and
WHEREAS, a state of disaster continues to exist in all counties due to threats of widespread or severe damage, injury, and property loss, among other harms;
NOW, THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby renew the disaster proclamation for all counties in Texas.
Pursuant to Section 418.017, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016(a), I hereby continue the suspension of all relevant provisions within Chapter 1701 of the Texas Occupations Code, as well as Title 37, Chapters 211-229 of the Texas Administrative Code, to the extent necessary for the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement to allow federal law enforcement officers to perform peace officer duties in Texas. Additionally, pursuant to Section 418.016, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to cope with this declared
More on Txylo.com
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Tom Urquhart, Ph.D., joins IOTech Systems as SVP of Professional Services
- CEO Coaching International Client, StoneAge Inc., Acquires Breadware, A Leader in Industrial IOT Product Development
- WE Silver Jewels Now Offering Over 20K Silver Jewelry Designs on Its Online Wholesale Store
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Texas Industrialized Building Code Council
disaster, I hereby suspend such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster for that limited purpose.
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 30th day of July, 2020.
Governor Greg Abbott
View the disaster declaration
Latest on Txylo.com
- DeRonja Real Estate Welcomes Greyson Sargent
- Governor Abbott Announces White House Title 32 Extension Of Texas National Guard COVID-19 Mission
- New book gives best Rx for Covid-19!
- Exclusive Series Screening: Toni Thai Has Us Step Into The Girl's Room with "Potty Break"
- The two most experienced minds in IP Ethics merge
- AutoQuotes And UL Announce Strategic Partnership
- Fix My Practice Launches to Tackle Poor-Quality Health and Social Care Pandemic
- NACCE and Bridge for Billions Team Up to Offer "The Leap" to Community College Entrepreneurs Across the Nation
- Legacy Park Sports Launches GoDog GameStream To Live Stream Baseball and Softball Tournaments
- PSXDigital's Trade Appraisal and Market Pricing Tools Empower Powersports Sales Teams
- Onlive Server Launched UK VPS Server Hosting Service with Hypervisor KVM Cloud Panel and SSD Storage
- Alpega Partners with project44 to Deliver Advanced Visibility in North America and Europe
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements For Hurricane Hanna Disaster Counties
- Kimberly-Clark Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Dallas Author, Speaker, and Founder of TractionFirst releases a new book providing bosses a way to help their employees earn more
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Founder of Dallas-based TractionFirst releases a new book designed to give entrepreneurs a boost of courage in today's economy
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?