- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Readies Resources Along The Gulf Coast Ahead Of Tropical Weather
"The Damon Allen Act ensures Texas communities are safe and secure by making it harder for dangerous criminals to be released on bail," said Governor Abbott. "Texas cities will not follow the lead of Portland, Seattle, and Minneapolis; Texas will remain a law-and-order state and continue using every tool available to preserve the safety that Texans deserve. That is why I am proud to sign the Damon Allen Act into law, which will reform our broken bail system in the Lone Star State."
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
The Governor thanked Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, Senator Joan Huffman, Representative Reggie Smith, and the Texas Legislature for their work on the Damon Allen Act. He also recognized Kasey Allen, Trooper Damon Allen's wife, for playing an instrumental role in the passage of the bill. Additionally, Governor Abbott reaffirmed Texas' respect and support for law enforcement across the state.
The Damon Allen Act is named after Trooper Damon Allen. Trooper Allen was tragically murdered in the line of duty in 2017 by a violent criminal who was out on a $15,000 bond despite having previously been convicted for assaulting a public servant and having been arrested for evading arrest and aggravated assault on a public servant.
Governor Abbott made bail reform an emergency item during the 87th Legislative Session and placed it on the agendas for the first and second special sessions.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Councilwoman Teri Castillo on the City of San Antonio's Finalized 2022 City Budget
- New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is a Big Hit With Emerald Coast Home Buyers
- San Antonio: District 2 Councilman Jalen McKee-Rodriguez's Statement on the Approval of the City Budget
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Phyllis Viagran's statement on passage of first budget amid the Covid-19 pandemic
- San Antonio: Councilman Perry Begrudgingly Approves FY 2022 Budget
- Councilman Courage and Council Approve San Antonio 2022 Budget; Substantial District 9 Projects Funded
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Sandoval's Remarks on FY 2022 City Budget
- San Antonio: District 8 Councilman Praises FY 2022 Budget, including Investments in Resiliency and Public Safety
- San Antonio: District 6 FY 2022 Budget Accomplishments are a Culmination of Year-long Advocacy
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Dr. Adriana Rocha Garcia's statement about the FY2022 Budget Adoption
- City of San Antonio Fiscal Year 2022 Adopted Capital and Operating Budget driven by community priorities
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Aviat Introduces High Availability Routing Software
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors