"The people of Texas demanded that we take bold action to fix our state's broken school finance system, which is why I made school finance reform an emergency item this legislative session," said Governor Abbott. "Thanks to the tireless efforts of those gathered here today, I am proud to sign into law transformative legislation to fix our school finance system. This law provides additional funding to recruit and retain the best teachers for the most challenging classrooms, employ effective strategies to better educate our students, and provide lasting property tax relief to homeowners."
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Williamson To Aerospace And Aviation Advisory Committee
- Local Chef and Restaurant Owner Leads San Antonio's Efforts to Advance Seafood Sustainability through Nationally-Renowned Program
- Governor Abbott Appoints Jerry Romero To Texas Workforce Investment Council
- Hercules Real Estate Services Acquires First Community In Jacksonville, FL
- Buffalo's Oldest Orthodox Christian Church Celebrates 125th Anniversary
House Bill 3 (Huberty/Taylor) creates an incentive pay program for teachers, adds career, college, and military readiness bonuses for school districts, funds full-day prekindergarten for students in poverty, and requires all elementary school principals and teachers in kindergarten through third grade be trained on science-based reading instruction by 2021. The bill also creates a student-focused formula structure, where the needs of a child – not the child's zip code – will determine funding allocations. Additionally, the bill buys down property tax rates by an average of 8 cents in 2020 and implements a 2.5% property tax cap starting in 2021, which will result in an average tax rate reduction of 13 cents this biennium.
Additionally, the signing ceremony was attended by Senators Jane Nelson, Royce West, Kirk Watson, and Donna Campbell, as well as Representatives Alma Allen, Diego Bernal, Ken King, John Zerwas, Trent Ashby, and Mary Gonzalez.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Reality TV Star's Husband, Dallas Fire Department and Operation Kindness Save Kitten
- North Texas' Expansion Club FF Premier is Promoted to UPSL Division II in First Year
- Triage Partners Licenses WipIT™ SaaS to Global Logistics Company
- Blackhawk Plastic Surgery Welcomes Expert Plastic Surgeon, Timothy Rankin MD
- Wellquest Medical expands Patient Care Services now Offering Telemedicine and Telehealth
- Western Publisher, Outlaws Publishing Scores Number One with Mike Mackessy's "Broken Dog Ranch"
- Home Mobility Supplies: Explore Premium Mobility Goods for Easier Moving
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Merakey Opens First Autism Center in Fort Worth
- One Park Financial Honored with "Company of the Year" Stevie® Award
- Tax Expert and Advisor Barry G. Fowler, EA On Making Sure Important Paperwork Is Out Of Harm's Way
- MoxieBridge Acquires Midtown Office Center, a 169,808-Square-Foot, Two-Building Office Campus
- WEB VIDEO: Texas Celebrates Beer-To-Go Sales
- Star Launches New Tool for Branding Made Simple
- D. Howard Armstrong's new book "Murder at 221 Beacon Hill" is Now Available
- National ATM Council Announces Debbi Haacke as Vice-Chair of NAC Governmental Affairs Committee
- Marvel Marketers Accelerates Growth with Opening of New Austin Office
- Aura Alliance Partners with InfoPlus
- Experience Nature & Samurai Culture, Early Autumn in Nikko and Aizu, Japan
- Of Accuhealth Technologies Llc, Stephen Samson, And Boby Deveros