- Young Caleb Marshall Held 3 years in jail without trial on False Allegation Charges
- The largest and oldest Festival of Islamic Arts is back!
- 13:14 ET Alejandro Dabdoub is recognized by Continental Who's Who
The 10-point plan includes:
- Continue Title 42 public health restrictions
- Fully reinstate the Migrant Protection Protocols
- Finish securing the border
- End catch and release
- Clear the judicial backlog
- Resume the deportation of all criminals
- Dedicate federal resources to eradicate human trafficking and drug trafficking
- Re-enter all agreements with our Northern Triangle partners and Mexico
- Send a clear message to potential migrants
- Deploy more federal law enforcement officers
During his remarks, Governor Abbott recognized Arizona Governor Doug Ducey for his partnership and thanked the other governors in attendance for their shared commitment to securing the border and keeping Americans safe. Governor Abbott also reiterated his commitment to surging resources in Texas' fight to secure the border, including Operation Lone Star and his own 10-point plan of actions Texas has taken to secure the border:
- Signed laws providing $3 billion funding for Texas' border security efforts
- Deployed thousands of National Guard and Department of Public Safety officers
- Created a system to arrest and jail illegal migrants trespassing in Texas
- Signed a budget authorization to build the border wall in Texas
- Signed a law to make it easier to prosecute smugglers bringing people into Texas
- Signed 9 laws cracking down on human trafficking in Texas
- Created a law that makes it a crime to manufacture or distribute fentanyl
- Issued a disaster declaration for border counties
- Issued an executive order preventing non-governmental entities from transporting illegal immigrants
- Continuing to enforce the Remain in Mexico and Title 42 policies in Texas
Prior to the press conference, Governor Abbott and Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) Executive Director Steve McCraw hosted the state governors for a briefing on what Texas is doing to secure the border.
More on Txylo.com
- Be Suite By Beauty Entourage Expands Their Mobile Salon Fleet with an 18 Foot Glass Walled Truck
- San Antonio: Metro Health October 16 – 23 List of COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up Clinics
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces D6 Headquarters Relocation to Sulphur Springs
- Option trading activity for Affirm stock is unusually high
- San Antonio: NATIONAL TEEN DRIVER SAFETY WEEK OCTOBER 17 – 23, 2021
Governor Abbott was joined at the press conference by Arizona Governor Doug Ducey, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, Idaho Governor Brad Little, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds, Montana Governor Greg Gianforte, Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt, Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon, Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw, Texas Division of Emergency Management Chief Nim Kidd, Texas Military Department Adjutant General Tracy Norris and Deputy Adjutant General Monie R. Ulis, and National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd.
"The Biden Administration's open border policies have led to complete chaos at the southern border, and pose a threat to the safety of Texans and all Americans," said Governor Abbott. "Texas has stepped up to keep our communities safe and mitigate this crisis ourselves, and our efforts have been made stronger by the support and assistance of governors from across the nation. I thank the state governors who are here with me today for their support and for visiting the border to see firsthand the ramifications of President Biden's disastrous policies. Together, we are sending a strong message to the Biden Administration that we will not tolerate their refusal to secure the border — and we will continue to do whatever it takes to keep our communities safe."
"We're not going to sit around while Biden refuses to act," said Governor Ducey. "We've tried to meet with the president and be part of the solution, but he refuses. No, worse — he ignores us, just like he's ignoring the border and the well-being of the American people. If the president won't meet with us, then we'll share our policy ideas today. Hopefully he will hear our solutions and begin to act."
More on Txylo.com
- 1000Bulbs.com Urges Everyone to Buy Christmas Lights Before Stock Sells Out
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Hutto
- Texas: Governor Abbott Adds Higher Education Improvements To Third Special Session Agenda
- $SNE Token Sale Goes Live: Here's What You Need to Know About the Upcoming StrongNode.io IDO Launch
"When we see this type of mass influx of migrants to our state, the cartels profit by exploiting the situation," said DPS Director Steve McCraw. "Unless we act, there is no stopping them from reaching communities across the country with their drugs and violence. Governor Abbott has made it very clear, Texas is going to lean forward and take a stand. We are grateful for his leadership and the continued support of our partners, both here in our state and across the country, in making sure we secure our southern border."
In June 2021, the State of Texas and the State of Arizona invoked the Emergency Management Assistance Compact. Under this interstate compact, Governor Abbott and Governor Ducey asked other states to send law enforcement officials and equipment to help mitigate the ongoing border crisis.
Latest on Txylo.com
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- VORAGO Technologies' Arm® Cortex-M4 VA41630 Achieves Full Spaceflight Qualification
- Richard Tyler, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists with "SuccessOnomics Vol 3"
- Bad Girls Boxing LLC Presents The Return Of Bad Girls Boxing
- Community First Health Plan Now Offers Medicare Advantage Plans
- Affiant Records Welcomes Nearly Spent
- Nationally-Recognized Attorney and Survivor Calling Leaders to Redefine Resilience in the Wake of Pandemic
- Governor Abbott, TDHCA: Texas Rent Relief Program First In Nation To Provide $1 Billion In Assistance
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Music Friendly Community Workshop In Bryan
- Informer Partners Announces Rebranding, Affirms Commitment to Clients
- San Antonio: Community invited to an evening of fun at future site of Berkley V. and Vincent M. Dawson Park
- ITSMA 2021 Marketing Excellence Awards Honor High Impact B2B Marketing Programs
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Department of Homeland Security awards training contract to Cyber World Institute
- MainConcept FFmpeg Plugin Portfolio Adds xHE-AAC Encoder and Support for Linux on ARM with AVC & HEVC
- ASI Launches iMIS Advertising to Help Associations Maximize Non-Dues Revenue
- Scary is King When it Comes to Professional Haunting
- Introducing The Skill Market, a support platform for small business owners and solo entrepreneurs
- Tough Draw and Out of Order Studios Announce Lane Frost Documentary
- CNXT Digital Brings Student Life and Family Engagement Together in One Integrated Solution K-12