WHEREAS, the disaster proclamation of August 23, 2017, was subsequently amended on August 26, August 27, August 28, and September 14 to add the following counties to the disaster proclamation: Angelina, Atascosa, Bastrop, Bexar, Brazos, Burleson, Caldwell, Cameron, Comal, Grimes, Guadalupe, Hardin, Jasper, Kerr, Lee, Leon, Madison, Milam, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Trinity, Tyler, Walker, Washington, and Willacy; and
WHEREAS, on September 20, 2017, and in each subsequent month effective through today, I issued proclamations renewing the disaster declaration for all counties listed above; and
WHEREAS, due to the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Harvey, a state of disaster continues to exist in those same counties;
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Visits Victoria To Hold Briefing With Local Leaders, Provide Update On COVID-19 Response
- Etiquette Coach Receives Honorary Doctrine Degree in (Humanity) from G.I.B.U
- Arrow Organics Reveals 20:1 CBD to THC Product Line
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Launches New Service: Rapid Deployment Solutions
- NFL Free Agent John Williams is Taking The COVID Crisis in His Stride
NOW, THEREFORE, in accordance with the authority vested in me by Section 418.014 of the Texas Government Code, I do hereby renew the disaster proclamation for the 60 counties listed above.
Pursuant to Section 418.017 of the code, I authorize the use of all available resources of state government and of political subdivisions that are reasonably necessary to cope with this disaster.
Pursuant to Section 418.016 of the code, any regulatory statute prescribing the procedures for conduct of state business or any order or rule of a state agency that would in any way prevent, hinder, or delay necessary action in coping with this disaster shall be suspended upon written approval of the Office of the Governor. However, to the extent that the enforcement of any state statute or administrative rule regarding contracting or procurement would impede any state agency's emergency response that is necessary to protect life or property threatened by this declared disaster, I hereby authorize the suspension of such statutes and rules for the duration of this declared disaster.
In accordance with the statutory requirements, copies of this proclamation shall be filed with the applicable authorities.
IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto signed my name and have officially caused the Seal of State to be affixed at my office in the City of Austin, Texas, this the 10th day of July, 2020.
Governor Greg Abbott
Latest on Txylo.com
- Pvilion Awarded $1.5 Million USAF Phase II SBIR Contract for Autonomously Deployable Structures
- U.S. Army Awards DiSTI $10M Delivery Order for JLTV Trainers
- VORAGO Technologies announces family expansion and size reduction of radiation-hardened Arm® Cortex® MCUs into BGA packages for Defense and Aerospace
- True American Hero Mark "OZ" Geist Lauds Goya Workers For Their Courage
- CU Xpress Lease Expands into Northern California
- Grab 'em by the Microphone! Independent Feature Film To the New Girl Releases on VOD
- Crossover Publications announces 9/11/2020 release date for Make America Saved Again
- Sustainable Student-Run Company's Diverse Work Environment Embodies American-Made Spirit
- San Antonio: District 1's Homeless Initiative Makes City FY 2021 Budget Proposal To Expand Program Across Each District And Downtown
- e7 Health now offers at-home COVID-19 saliva test kits
- Maccabi USA Men's Basketball Announces New Head Coach For 21st Maccabiah
- San Antonio: Texas Airports Team to Restore Consumer Confidence with Video Pledge and Coloring and Activity Book Campaign
- San Antonio: Resolution Declaring Racism a Public Health Crisis clears committee review; heads to full City Council vote
- Clarity Gold Reported 2.32 oz/t Au - Sent Crews to Three High Grade Gold Properties in BC
- Doctor Develops Personalized Solution to COVID-19 Threat
- VolitionRx Limited Schedules Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call and Business Update
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Announces a $20M Fintech Venture with Braintree in the Coming Year
- Andrew Carnegie Global Capital Has Announced an Equity Investment in a Brantstone Properties Development Project – London, Slated 2023
- What if Bon Jovi's Drummer Had Been an Indian Temple Musician From 800AD?
- The Islamic Arts Festival will be held online this year