The Girls Go CyberStart program is an online game consisting of a series of challenges that puts students in the role of a cyber protection agent charged with solving realistic problems and puzzles. It is designed to explore relevant and exciting topics such as cryptography and digital forensics. The program is open to girls in grades 9 through 12. Students can participate wherever an Internet connection is available. Participating students and their teachers do not need knowledge or experience in IT or cybersecurity to participate. The program is free for schools and students.
"It is imperative that the state of Texas invests in educational programs that elevate our best and brightest in fields like cybersecurity," said Governor Abbott. "I am thrilled to continue Texas' partnership with the SANS Institute and encourage more women to get involved in this valuable program. Their participation in the Girls Go CyberStart program will increase the possibilities of future careers within this growing field and contribute to the bright future of our great state."
More on Txylo.com
- The ROCK Properties Team Buys Homes and gives Homeowners An Easy Way to Sell Houses In Central Texas
- Intiva Health Announces New General Counsel
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Hodge to Sulphur Regional Mobility Authority
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
"Part of the Texas Cybersecurity Strategic Plan focuses on the need for talented cybersecurity professionals to continue to combat the increasing sophistication of threats facing the state of Texas," said Texas Department of Information Resources Chief Information Security Officer Nancy Rainosek. "Girls Go CyberStart assists by introducing the high school girls of Texas to careers in the cybersecurity industry. We are delighted at the opportunity to partner with the SANS Institute again on this initiative."
Texas saw great success in the 2019 Girls Go CyberStart initiative, finishing 1st of participating states in student participation and high school participation, and 4th overall in student participation per high school. Additional successes include:
- 1,774 girl participants from 175 Texas high schools participated in 2019 20 Texas high schools qualified for the National Finals Championship The Texas state winner ranked 3rd in the nation 39 Texas girls had individual high Game scores that qualified them for $500 college scholarships A total of $24,900 in cash prizes and scholarships was awarded to Texas players and their schools this year
Registration for Girls Go CyberStart will open on December 2, 2019, with online gaming commencing on January 13, 2020. Additional details and preregistration can be found at www.girlsgocyberstart.org
More on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Mundy To Low-Level Radioactive Waste Disposal Compact Commission
- 83bar Further Expands Global Patient Activation Capabilities
- Copper Hospital Bed Study Shows 90% Reduction on HAI Bacteria Counts
- OpenRoad Lending celebrates 10-Year Anniversary
- "Bladesdirect.net Reviews" and "blades direct reviews" Announces The Annual "Free Saw Deal"
Teacher information and student practice programs are available now and posted at https://medium.com/girls-go-cyberstart/mrsgcyberstarttips/home. To see the types of challenges the students will face in the games, please visit https://go.joincyberstart.com/
Latest on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Declares Drought In 53 Texas Counties
- Texas: Governor Abbott Announces Senior Staff Retirement
- How To Qualify The Right Electromechanical Company In Dubai & Abu Dhabi
- San Antonio: Councilwoman Jada Andrews-Sullivan's Statement Regarding the Housing First Community Coalition
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Three To University of Houston System Board of Regents
- Extreme Home Makeover, Amarillo-Style
- Digital Defense, Inc. Awarded the Platinum Medallion Award by the US Department of Labor
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Brown To Webb County-City of Laredo Regional Mobility Authority
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Todd To Sabine River Authority Board Of Directors
- MiaSolé Breaks World Record Again: Large Area Flexible Photovoltaic Module with 18.64% Efficiency
- Trim-a-Slab Used in Neighborhood Volunteer Project
- New Eastside Park Second Community Meeting San Antonio Parks and Recreation Seeking Public Input
- San Antonio: U.S. Capitol Christmas tree to visit The Alamo during 2019 tour
- edjuster and Encircle Integrate Platforms to Streamline Contents Valuation Process
- Ex-Patient Sues "Suboxone for Cash" Opioid Treatment Clinic
- Cavalier Ebanks Galleries: Contemporary Realism
- Adventure Course Challenge: San Antonio coming to Pearsall Park Run the Course with Wolf Pack Ninjas – Previous Competitors on NBC's American Ninja Warrior
- I need a business loan for my mechanic shop, what I found is quick, easy, and painless!
- Refereum Partners With DLive, enabling millions of more players to earn on-chain rewards from watching and streaming games