The Girls Go CyberStart program is an online game consisting of a series of challenges that puts students in the role of a cyber protection agent charged with solving realistic problems and puzzles. It is designed to explore relevant and exciting topics such as cryptography and digital forensics. The program is open to girls in grades 9 through 12. Students can participate wherever an Internet connection is available. Participating students and their teachers do not need knowledge or experience in IT or cybersecurity to participate. The program is free for schools and students.
"It is imperative that the state of Texas invests in educational programs that elevate our best and brightest in fields like cybersecurity," said Governor Abbott. "I am thrilled to continue Texas' partnership with the SANS Institute and encourage more women to get involved in this valuable program. Their participation in the Girls Go CyberStart program will increase the possibilities of future careers within this growing field and contribute to the bright future of our great state."
More on Txylo.com
- PDR Expands Its Texas Footprint with Regional Office in Dallas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Eight To Rehabilitation Council Of Texas
- Governor Abbott Appoints Miller And Young To Texas Early Learning Council
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Texas: Nominations Now Open For The 2020 Governor's Volunteer Awards
"Part of the Texas Cybersecurity Strategic Plan focuses on the need for talented cybersecurity professionals to continue to combat the increasing sophistication of threats facing the state of Texas," said Texas Department of Information Resources Chief Information Security Officer Nancy Rainosek. "Girls Go CyberStart assists by introducing the high school girls of Texas to careers in the cybersecurity industry. We are delighted at the opportunity to partner with the SANS Institute again on this initiative."
Texas saw great success in the 2019 Girls Go CyberStart initiative, finishing 1st of participating states in student participation and high school participation, and 4th overall in student participation per high school. Additional successes include:
- 1,774 girl participants from 175 Texas high schools participated in 2019 20 Texas high schools qualified for the National Finals Championship The Texas state winner ranked 3rd in the nation 39 Texas girls had individual high Game scores that qualified them for $500 college scholarships A total of $24,900 in cash prizes and scholarships was awarded to Texas players and their schools this year
Registration for Girls Go CyberStart will open on December 2, 2019, with online gaming commencing on January 13, 2020. Additional details and preregistration can be found at www.girlsgocyberstart.org
More on Txylo.com
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Platform Partners Completes Minority Investment in Alliance Payroll Services
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
Teacher information and student practice programs are available now and posted at https://medium.com/girls-go-cyberstart/mrsgcyberstarttips/home. To see the types of challenges the students will face in the games, please visit https://go.joincyberstart.com/
Latest on Txylo.com
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- CenterPoint Energy Announces Sale of CenterPoint Energy Services Business to Energy Capital Partners
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Kosmos Energy Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series
- Texas: Governor Abbott Delivers Remarks At The Longview Sesquicentennial Ball
- AT&T Mobility, Communications Workers of America Reach Tentative Agreement in Mobility Southwest Contract Negotiations
- Author Colby Van Wagoner's new book - Baggage Act 1: Quickies - a wild and satirical dating anthology!
- Houston Trailblazer, Jade Simmons, Hosts Restoration Rally
- San Antonio: DISTRICT 1 COUNCILMAN ROBERTO TREVIÑO TO HOST RENTERS COMMISSION TOWN HALL MEETING
- Process Technology wins Evolution in Manufacturing Award
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client ShelfGenie on Induction into the Franchise Hall of Fame
- CDC and City of San Antonio Metropolitan Health District confirm two COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) cases within quarantined Diamond Princess cruise federal evacuees at Lackland Air Force Base
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Estevez Presiding Judge Of Ninth Administrative Judicial Region
- Comedian Don Barnhart Reopens Jokesters Comedy Club With Best Deal In Las Vegas
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Expanding Austin Market Presence With New Bee Cave Location
- Boulder International Film Festival: March 5th - March 8th, 2020 includes Celebrity Appearances, Award-Winning Filmmakers, New Adventure Film Pavilion
- Hyperion Announces 2020 MarketViewTM Release Calendar
- ERF Wireless, Inc. Forms New Subsidiary to Acquire Oil and Gas Assets
- San Antonio: Long Awaited Shade Canopies, Other Improvements Coming to Nani Falcone Park