The Institute of Internal Auditors' General Audit Management Conference to be held March 13-15
- Governor Abbott Appoints Landi To Texas Emergency Services Retirement System Board Of Trustees
- MyyShop Makes Waves at SXSW with Social Commerce Empowerment Plans for Content Creators
- Houston: Mayor's Office of Cultural Affairs Awards $52,150 to Digitally Innovative Arts and Cultural Works
LAKE MARY, Fla., Feb. 2, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- The Institute of Internal Auditors - (IIA) - the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance worldwide – will host its annual General Audit Management (GAM) conference from March 13-15 in Grapevine, Texas, along with a virtual attendee option.
The IIA's GAM conference is designed to help internal audit executives stay on top of the biggest changes occurring in the profession and discuss how best to navigate and stay ahead of global trends.
"The GAM conference is our largest 2023 event in North America," said IIA President and CEO Anthony J. Pugliese, CIA, CPA, CGMA, CITP. "It's an opportunity for internal audit leaders to come together to discuss the issues that are driving business and re-shaping their organizations and our profession. This is an exciting time to be an internal auditor; there are new opportunities emerging every day and a growing business need for the kinds of expertise and insights that only an internal auditor can provide. GAM is the best opportunity to glimpse into the future of internal audit and understand how The IIA is helping to build that future."
More on Txylo.com
- SkillGigs, Inc. Announces Hire of Rasha Sammour as Human Resources Director
- Love & Drugs 3 Releases Globally
- Doug Brownridge Joins STS Capital Partners
- CourMed Founder/CEO Derrick L. Miles Featured in CNBC Viral Article on Private Aviation
- 10-4Gear.com Launches New Collection of US Border Patrol and Police Coins
The conference features more than 35 interactive sessions focused on emerging topics in the internal audit profession, including:
- Anthony Pugliese's keynote, which will focus on current issues shaping the profession, such as ESG and cybersecurity, the future of the profession, The IIA's historic project to reimagine its global Standards, and more.
- The emergence of artificial intelligence and how it can be used effectively for agile planning and risk assessment, as well as some of the downsides and ethical dilemmas associated with it.
- An exploration of digital internal audit, including the upside and risks of the Metaverse.
- A discussion of risks in cash-intensive industries like cannabis.
- The importance of promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to improve employee retention.
- The common challenges facing internal auditors as they assess the evolving risk landscape around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues and begin their pathway to ESG assurance.
- The current state of cryptocurrency following the collapse of FTX, the regulatory conditions associated with it, and an overview of the practical applications of cryptocurrency and blockchain.
- The emergence of cyber risk and how to develop an efficient threat-focused cyber risk program.
The IIA will also release its 2023 North American Pulse of Internal Audit report, which provides an annual snapshot of the state of the profession and serves as a valuable benchmarking tool for internal audit teams and their organizations.
More on Txylo.com
- CSC Motorcycles Announces New Twin Cylinder 650cc Sport Touring Model
- Vincenzo Sannipoli Announces the Release of Sulla vetta del tubo
- Cargill joins Selerant on stage at American Food Innovate 2023
- The In-N-Out Burger Financial Planning Story
- Cash Depot Appoints Tony Gaines as Chief Revenue Officer and Brand Ambassador
GAM also features a pre-conference workshop that will help prepare attendees for the changes stemming from The IIA's IPPF Evolution project. Attendees will learn how Standards changes relate to quality assessments and how to create strategies for the timing of performing quality assessments considering the effective date of the new Standards.
Media representatives are invited to attend the GAM conference in person or virtually.
About The Institute of Internal Auditors
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association that serves more than 230,000 global members and has awarded more than 185,000 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certifications worldwide. Established in 1941, The IIA is recognized throughout the world as the internal audit profession's leader in standards, certifications, education, research, and technical guidance. For more information, visit theiia.org.
SOURCE The Institute of Internal Auditors
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- Governor Abbott Appoints Alvis, Meade To Texas Transportation Commission
- Governor Abbott Appoints Four To Texas Forensic Science Commission
- Texas: Governor Abbott Appoints Bolduc As Public Counsel For The Office Of Public Insurance Counsel
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Mach To Public Safety Commission
- EvereTech CEO discussed the importance of people on Episode #96 on the DoD Contract Academy Podcast
- Governor Abbott Boosts Support For Education Freedom At Parent Empowerment Day At Texas Capitol
- RE/MAX Signature Earns Top Regional Award
- Kajeet's Michael Flood named as CoSN2023 Impact 30 Award Winner
- Braniff Airways Flying Into New Licensing Partnerships
- Governor Abbott Announces Film Friendly Texas Workshop In Lubbock
- Cynthia Hilston Announces the Release of The Rock at the Bottom
- Wohler releases out-of-band configuration tools for Riedel 2110 SFP's
- The Greater Houston Port Bureau Announces New President
- Levinger Regens Announces New Initiative to Improve Hydrogen Carbon Intensity
- Supply chain industry veterans Reid Klosowsky and Bill Maroney launch Freight Think, a transportation advisory group, in partnership with NT Logistics, to help shippers reduce freight expense, increase profitability, and support environmental goals
- Eve Wellness, a SF Breast Ultrasound Screening Clinic supports the recent FDA updates to the guidelines to inform women about breast density
- Expert tip: Private Jet Engine Maintenance Program - Pros and Cons for Preowned Jet Buyers
- Gaming and entertainment company Spinrack Corporation, appoints Jesse Norton as Chief Marketing Officer
- Mallinckrodt to Present New Retrospective Data on Effect of Acthar® Gel (Repository Corticotropin Injection) to Reduce Corticosteroid Use and Burden for Advanced Sarcoidosis at the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) 2023 Annual Meeting
- Century Supply Chain Solutions Leverages the Slync Platform to Streamline Origin Logistics and Drive Operational Efficiency