- Fiestas Patrias San Antonio 2021 Kicks Off September 15
- Texas: Governor Abbott Issues Proclamation Marking 20th Anniversary Of 9/11
- Texas: Governor Abbott Increases Readiness Level of State Operations Center In Response To Tropical Storm Nicholas
"We are excited to expand our network into Lake Charles, Sulphur and Westlake," said Jim Gleason, CEO of Vexus. "Gigabit speeds are becoming additionally important as more people work remotely or need access to education and other online applications. Vexus' fiber network will provide homes and businesses with a new, competitive choice for internet and entertainment. We are building the network of the future to help foster additional growth and economic development for the area."
Vexus plans to begin construction during the first quarter of 2022 with availability to some neighborhoods and businesses in the spring. Full completion of the 100% fiber network is estimated to take about 36 months.
More on Txylo.com
- Governor Greg Abbott Appoints Sweatt to Texas Woman's University Board of Regents
- Completion of emergency boiler repairs at Albemarle, a chemical company in Pasadena, Texas
- Houston's Iapetus Holdings Ranks Grow with New Controller Mike Marx
- 10:17 ET Chili's Wants To Spice Up Your Homecoming With Customized, Chilified Mums
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
"The parish is a growing region with many residents, businesses, schools and more. Our areas need for a fiber-optic network has been necessary for a while now. We're excited to have Vexus Fiber as our partner in this expansion as we move into gigacity status," said George Swift, SWLA Economic Development Alliance President and CEO.
"We believe economic prosperity and growth are directly tied to a city's ability to reach gigacity status," adds Gleason. "We're proud to bring 100% fiber internet with a superior infrastructure to the region. This region has faced challenges in recent years due to storms and this is an example of a way to help rebuild with even better technology."
With this network build, Vexus plans to add around 75 construction jobs and 35 to 40 permanent jobs as they plan to open a local storefront in the next year.
Vexus Fiber currently operates fiber-to-the-home networks in Hammond, Covington and Mandeville, Louisiana as well as Lubbock, Amarillo, Wichita Falls, Abilene, and surrounding areas in Texas. The company is also building new networks in Tyler, the Rio Grande Valley and San Angelo, Texas.
The region's expansion is financed through existing Vexus investors, Pamlico Capital and Oak Hill Capital, who have agreed to invest additional equity as part of their ongoing commitment to Vexus' growth and the communities they serve.
More on Txylo.com
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Madisonville Jane Doe-5 year Recovery Anniversary
- 07:01 ET NadaMoo! Brings Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream to your Seasonal Dessert Rotation
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
- SilverPoint Senior Living Named in the Top 20 of 2021 Best Workplaces in Aging Services by Great Place to Work and Fortune
Residents and businesses that are interested in Vexus Fiber services can visit connect.vexusfiber.com to express interest and receive updates on construction. Typically, residents will receive communication via email and mail about activity in their neighborhood 30 days prior to construction.
Additionally, Vexus plans to hire local management, sales, technical and customer service professionals to support the area. For those interested in joining the Vexus Fiber team visit vexusfiber.com/jobs.
Vexus is a leading provider of fiber-based communications solutions for both residential and business customers across Texas and Louisiana. As a technology leader in the industry, Vexus Fiber offers an extensive range of internet connectivity over a true fiber-to-the-premise network. Services also include a robust HD Video platform, Voice, TeleCloud services and more. For more information, please visit vexusfiber.com.
For Inquiries email: [email protected]
Vexus Fiber Contact: Kyle Alcorn, 573-481-2732
SOURCE Vexus Fiber
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Txylo.com
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Triangle Area Residents!
- Texas: Governor Abbott Statement On Biden Administration Refusal To Close Ports Of Entry
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to the Lower Neches Valley Authority Board of Directors
- Texas: Governor Abbott Reappoints Three to State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Improving Appoints Kathy Henely as New Board Member
- Telemach Slovenia Goes Live With AX OTT To Improve Customer Experience
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Heart to Heart Hospice Receives Medalogix Muse Trailblazer Award for Adopting Machine Learning Technology
- Trophy Automotive Dealer Group Announces the Launch of Fab Cars, An E-Commerce Platform For Selling and Buying Used Cars
- ACU continues to lead Texas universities in U.S. News student success categories
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Texas: Governor Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval For SNAP Benefit Replacements Due To Hurricane Nicholas
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Beaumont Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Corpus Christi Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Houston Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas: Governor Abbott Calls County Judges In Victoria Area To Discuss Hurricane Nicholas Recovery Efforts
- Texas MDL Sought for Splashtown Chemical Leak Cases