- Texas Author CJ Daly Releases New Romantic Suspense - The Academy Saga, III: CAP & Gown
- Global Stock Market / Crypto Crash Before June 17, 2021
- FreeWater, The World's First Free Beverage Company, Launches With A Foundation And Focus In Philanthropy
SAN ANTONIO (May 3, 2021) – The City of San Antonio World Heritage Office announces its call for chef ambassadors to represent San Antonio as a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in local, national, and international activities such as festivals, media opportunities, and other events that will occur over the next two years. The call opens today and closes on Friday, June 11, 2021 at 4 p.m. Central Time.
The online application, eligibility requirements, and additional information are available at www.sacityofgastronomy.org.
An evaluation committee made up of members of the San Antonio UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy Advisory Group and City of San Antonio staff will review and evaluate proposals in accordance with the stated selection criteria, as well as the San Antonio UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy Guiding Principles. Once selected, up to 12 chefs will be added to a pre-qualified list to be considered for potential opportunities within the UNESCO Creative Cities Network. Chefs must be practicing local professionals but are not required to have academic culinary training.
More on Txylo.com
- Is Change Coming to the EB-5 Industry?
- All Fish Gear: Launching a New Online Store Dedicated to the Art of Fishing
- Westlake Chemical Corporation Declares Quarterly Dividend
- Governor Abbott Announces 20 Million COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Administered In Texas
- San Antonio: Animal Care Services teams up with renowned animal welfare foundation and disaster response organization
"San Antonio is a beautifully unique and diverse city that is the result of a confluence of cultures over the past several hundred years," said Colleen Swain, Director of the World Heritage Office. "We still see many of those influences today, especially in our city's gastronomy, and we want to see that reflected in the chefs who are selected to represent San Antonio as a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy. Chefs of all backgrounds and experiences, with expertise in diverse cuisines and culinary practices, are encouraged to apply."
The final roster of selected chefs will reflect the unique heritage, people, and culture of San Antonio. The chef ambassadors will also showcase local culinary traditions, cooking techniques, and recipes authentic to the city. Previous chef ambassadors that have represented San Antonio include Blanca Aldaco of Aldaco's Mexican Cuisine, Esaul Ramos of 2M Smokehouse, Hinnerk von Bargen from the Culinary Institute of America, and others.
"To be a San Antonian, born and raised in this city, and then travel to the other side of the earth to represent the city I am from was the coolest experience that has ever happened in my life," said Ramos, who represented San Antonio at the 2019 Jeonju Bibimbap Festival in South Korea. "I love the fact that our city is now getting the notoriety that it deserves, and I love that people are seeing that San Antonio is more than just tacos."
More on Txylo.com
- Local artists collaborate with City of San Antonio to increase community awareness of the importance of the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Employer Direct Healthcare sponsors Inaugural Florida Health, Education and Innovation Summit
- Texas: Governor's Commission For Women Announces Women-Owned Business Webinar Series And Pitch Competition
- CSD Learns, in partnership with RIT/NTID and by General Motors, Launches National Virtual Classroom for BIPOC Deaf Children
- @KevinDouglasWright Daily Motivational Quotes on Instagram Helps with Life's Challenges and Reaching Goals
In 2017, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) designated San Antonio as a Creative City of Gastronomy for its culinary legacy as a confluence of cultures. The indigenous roots; the traditions and tastes introduced by the Spanish colonists in the 1700s; and the European, Asian, and African influences that came with European settlers in the 1800s have created a complex fusion that make San Antonio's cuisine distinct from other southwest regions in the United States. As a UNESCO Creative City, San Antonio is part of a distinct group of international cities committed to sharing best practices, developing partnerships that promote creativity, strengthening participation in cultural life, and integrating culture in urban development plans. The City's World Heritage Office oversees this designation for San Antonio.
More information on San Antonio as a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy is available at www.sacityofgastronomy.org. The website provides information on the designation, a community calendar of gastronomy-related events, profiles of local chefs, and more. Information on the World Heritage Office is available at www.sanantonio.gov/worldheritage.
Latest on Txylo.com
- Texas: Governor Abbott Renews Winter Storm Disaster Declaration For May 2021
- Naturally Slim Announces Rebrand to Wondr Health
- Aspire Fertility San Antonio Welcomes Jennifer Knudtson, MD to its Team of Renowned Fertility Specialists
- Governor Abbott Receives Texas Military Value Task Force 2021 Report
- 10 Year Anniversary of International Kangaroo Care Awareness Day
- El Paso-Based Providers Launch Mountain Star Clinically Integrated Network
- HungMargs Craft Margarita Mix from Delray Beach's TheHungCompany To Launch at First Stop on Jimmy Buffett's Worldwide Tour
- The Myth of Artificial Intelligence--AcademicInfluence.com Features Author and Computer Scientist Erik Larson
- City of Houston Begins to Electrify Fleet Through a Partnership with Greenlots
- Howard Energy Partners to Significantly Expand Its Port Arthur Terminal Facility to Support Local Renewable Diesel Production
- edjuster Field Claims Team Manages Largest Catastrophic Content Claims Event in North America
- Chris Conde - Engulfed In The Marvelous Decay (Album)
- BoatBlurb.com Celebrates One Year Anniversary with Record Monthly Traffic
- MediaKind Announces Two Senior Appointments to Elevate Business Strategy in DTC and Advertising Space
- 26th Annual AfroSolo Arts Festival - Black Voices: Our Stories, Our Lives - June 9-13 and 17-20, 2021
- Copart, Inc. to Release Third Quarter Fiscal 2021 Results
- Back to Eden, Back to Miami Swim Week
- Braemar Hotels & Resorts Announces Proposed $50 Million Convertible Senior Notes Offering
- Taysha Gene Therapies to Participate in Upcoming May Investor Healthcare Conferences
- Texas: Governor Abbott Sets Date For Special Runoff Election In Congressional District 6